reconfiguring motors.

• Hey all, just recently i had designed a single postioner by combining 2 seperate postioners together.. these motors/ positioners were already in the system, and sat on either side of the 30ft track.. (roughly 9 meters) they operated as 2 different stations and when you would switch stations on the jogging menu i get the following error.

Error: 50091

Restart not possible.
    Restart no longer possible. Change of unit state made restart of program impossible

Move the program pointer and start a new movement.

since these 2 motors are now used in 1 positioner. (one motor tilts the postioner, while the other rotates the platter, similar to a skyhook postioner) i need to configure the motors so that i can switch between them freely without this error popping up.. im assuming it was setup like this because it was once 2 different stations.. anyone have a clue how to fix this??

Thanks in advance,

Beau

• There were 1 robot and 2 external axes in the system? If I understand it correctly; You want to re-commission one of the existing servo motors in the system? Have 2 motors been introduced in the current system? Is it available? If not available; you need to edit the robot's MOC file. This requires the engine's label, technical information is required. For example, the kp value. Resolver offset angles, etc. Can you share this information with us?

Think before you talk, Read it before you think about it.

Fran Lebowitz.

• As Skooter mentioned, a copy of your current MOC would be helpful....

Which version shouldn't really matter as the setup is more or less the same from M94 to RW6.

Given that you're getting that "error" I will make the assumption that the two axis are/were set up so that they shared the same logical axis, so changing this would be step one.

Personally though I would set it up the way it's meant to be - as a 2-axis positioner, and here SW will make a difference.
    Back in the day the 2-axis positioner model was a part of Advanced Motion and/or AW+ (if memory serves me right), on newer systems (IRC5) I do believe it's included in the base. This is a bit trickier but by no means impossible and it makes programming much easier/better, at least if you ever have the need to coordinate with the external axis which becomes more or less impossible if it's set up as singles.
    (yes, you can set them up in a fixed position on the arm, bla bla bla... but that's not very conducive on a 2-axis positioner - is it ?)

Advertising from our partners