Help with backup file contents - DX200

• Hello,

I am new to Motoman robots (primarily a Fanuc programmer), and will be traveling out of country to do some service and upgrades on a three robot MIG welding cell, with what appears to have three external axes on one of the robots. I have no idea what the cell looks like, or exactly how it functions. :wallbash:

The cell is comprised of three MA1440 robots with Mig guns, running on DX200 controllers.

I have been provided backups of all 3 robots, and have been bumping and grinding my way through the Motoman manuals trying to get a better understanding of how everything works. Unfortunately I have no physical robot to practice or try things on, so I want to ensure I have as good an understanding as possible of the operations I will need to perform.

I have a few questions which I can't seem to find answers for in the manuals or by searching the forum;

-In the following position rung, there appears to be three external axis positions being called, how would I create this instruction? Are all three moves automatically inserted if the job has these three motion groups active?
    MOVJ EX040 VJ=100.00 PL=0 +MOVJ EX041 +MOVJ EX042

This is the header info for that ^ job:
    //INST
    ///DATE 2012/06/25 00:49
    ///ATTR SC,RW
    ///GROUP1 ST1
    ///GROUP2 ST2
    ///GROUP3 ST3

-In the following instruction rung, the IG#(4) that is referenced, I am assuming this is an input group (I assume this is the same as Fanuc Group Input), but cannot find where they are configured?
    IFTHENEXP IG#(4)=4 OREXP IG#(4)=14

-Is there a file in the backup that would show me how the input signals are mapped? (in Fanuc this would be the ioconfig.dg file). Are there any other files from backup that would be helpful for me to review to get a better understanding of the robot configuration?

Thanks in advance!

• When you create the job you tell it the hardware associated with the job. Depending on the hardware and job type the controller will automatically structure the motion types available. The structure of this job is considered independent motion. In a coordinated motion job, you can use independent motion or coordinated motion. The 4 key should change the edit buffer line between the two. MOV + MOV and SMOV + MOV.

A noncoordinated job would only show a MOV for a single piece of hardware. A job that has two pieces would show either just a MOV or MOV + MOV depending on how it is set at creation.

-In the following instruction rung, the IG#(4) that is referenced, I am assuming this is an input group (I assume this is the same as Fanuc Group Input), but cannot find where they are configured?
    IFTHENEXP IG#(4)=4 OREXP IG#(4)=14

-Is there a file in the backup that would show me how the input signals are mapped? (in Fanuc this would be the ioconfig.dg file). Are there any other files from backup that would be helpful for me to review to get a better understanding of the robot configuration?

I don't know Fanuc but the i/o is wired to an External Input or Output. What is used in the jobs are Universal Input or Outputs. There is a ladder program that runs in the background that ties Externals and Universals. The file would be CIOPRG.LST. This file could be opened in a text editor.

Groups are of 8. The first group would be the individuals 1-8. Group 2 is 9-16. Group 3 is 17-24 and so forth.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

Advertising from our partners