Encryption tool

• Hello all,

I've talked with KUKA to get a price and a set of specifications, but they have only given me the price... told me they have no robots to test it at their facilities and that if I have any doubt they send me the manual and I could speak with the technical department.

Given my previous experience with the technical department... I'm not willing to spend almost 3000€ without getting an opinion of somebody who has worked with it.

I'd like to encrypt a set of library files.

Those files will have procedures, functions and variables.

I want those files to:

- Become unreadable (files are stored into the robot HDD, but the user will not be able to read them).
    - Act as normal src and dat files (functions, procedures and variables stored there must be able to be used as normal ones).
    - Usable only in the controller they are deployed (even if the user copies those files into other robots, those files will not work there).

Anyone that has worked with that software knows if all this can be done?

Thank you all!

• I used it a while ago...
    Program module or set of modules get encrypted and therefore unreadable. It runs just the same....
    As i recall it does not run on just one specific controller but this is easily ensured with few lines of code.
    Perhaps read robot serial number and process it a bit then compare result with some (public) variable.
    If mismatch, refuse to run....

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

I've just spoken with the KUKA technical department, and they have told me that I need to buy the software for as many robots I want to encrypt files.

Yes it is true as far as I know. But I am a bit puzzled whether you really talked to the technical department. These girls and guys usually can tell you precisly what an option can do and what it can not do. They usually are not concerned and best informed on licencing issues. That is what sales support is for.

Fubini

• Maybe I've not written it correctly, but they told me:

You need to buy one KUKA Encryption Tool license for each robot you want to use it.

If that is correct, in order to keep my files safe in 10 robots I should spend 26000€...

This has no sense IMHO...

I've usually got vague answers when I've called KUKA technical support... Last time they told me it was completely impossible to get a backup unzipped in an old KRC2 controller... and you only have to remove the \ in the KRCconfigurator to get this result... thanks again Panic Mode!

In my country they are not prepared enough... at least not the people in the hotline.

A pity because their robot is a good tool.

• Just read manual.... I am not near computer and if i recall there is nothing to be installed on the robots. Encryption tool is installed on a PC.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Be aware -- unless something has changed in the last few years, there is no way to DEcrypt a module. Which makes it much more difficult to audit what code the robot is running. This can have effects on forensics when you are attempting to analyze a failure.

It can also be a problem when you want to upgrade a library in a robot -- you will be unable to make a direct comparison between what you want to install, and what the robot is currently running. Structure your encrypted libraries accordingly, since only VERY strict record keeping and version control will help you here.

• Hi, I just installed Kuka encryption tool at my PC. I have installed a certificate called KukaRoboter (it is default as I mean).

I want to encrypt and sign my .src-file.

I tried to create the new .pfc-container with container attributes:

Content - encrypt&sign

Header - sign

Private data - encrypt&sign.

And with .src-file attributes:

Content - encrypt&sign

Header - sign

Private data - encrypt&sign

The error massage has appears "You cannot save this file, since you cannot sign it"

Can anybody tell me what's wrong?

Advertising from our partners