RSI Correction in KUKA ROBOT

• Hello everyone!

I have a seam follower application, the robot has an outer shaft that will keep spinning the part. The robot has to move only in the coordinates X and Z, because what rotates is a part, how to do it using the RSI of the robot? I'm a layman in this part, but I managed to make the robot follow the seam with it moving in x, y and z cordinates, but now I only want x and z.

• Place your Ad here!
  • Ah... Okay, not so easy, there.

First off, what controller, KSS version, and RSI version are you running?

I can't speak to SeamTech directly, but at least for Force-Torque Control, it is possible to open the RSI files and make modifications.

• Ah... Okay, not so easy, there.

First off, what controller, KSS version, and RSI version are you running?

I can't speak to SeamTech directly, but at least for Force-Torque Control, it is possible to open the RSI files and make modifications.

Right.

The controller is a KRC4, KSS V8.3.13, RSI 3.3.2.

Do you have a contact email, whatsapp number or hangouts?

• to get help you need to post details, read READ FIRST.

Right,

I have a cylindrical piece that rotates (it is not an outline axis), in which it has a one seam, which I wish to happen, as the piece is moving, I want the robot to adjust to follow the seam in one of the it has to stand still and only fit into the other two (I believe it is the X and Z axis, because in Y the piece moves). I managed to make it work using SEAM TECH, in which I save 2 points and the robot adjusts on that trajectory that has been programmed. The sewing adjustment works through a 2D / 3D laser sensor. His IP is: 192.168.100.251, the IP of the Robot is: 172.31.1.147, the IP of my PC is: 172.31.1.148. I think I can do this with RSI over ethernet, but if I have another way I can try too, the ROBOT is a KR6 R900 Sixx. If you need any more information I'm willing to pass ...

Can you help me? I'm starting now in industrial robotics.

• Are you trying to modify SeamTech, or create something new that replaces SeamTech?

I'm still unclear on what SeamTech is failing to provide for you.

"The piece moves in Y" -- Y axis of what base frame? Is the piece rotating around World Z?

How is your seam sensor currently connected to SeamTech? Is it through a PC, or using FieldBus?

• [size=2]you need a more basic help:[/size]

[size=2]your posts not only lack detail, they are rather incoherent.[/size]

[size=2]if one spends too much metal energy on trying to figure out what is it you want to say, little or no energy is left to focus on actual problem and potential help. [/size]

[size=2]perhaps try to useing complete sentences, drawings, sketches, whatever... try asking someone else to proofread your posts before you share them here. [/size]

[size=2]Examples:[/size]

[size=2]"cylindrical object rotates about <SOME> axis. it has seam along <SOMETHING>. cylinder moves <SOMEHOW...>."[/size]

[size=2]"want robot to adjust <SOMEHOW> to follow seam in the one of the... <something... maybe AXIS?> and only fit into the other two <...again maybe AXIS?>."[/size]

[size=2]"I managed to make it work <NO DETAILS>" [/size]

[size=2]"His IP is: 192.168.100.251" ... no mention of another compatible IP address [/size]

[size=2]"If you need any more information I'm willing to pass ..." i never expected need to extort the info but if that's what it takes... nah, rather not.[/size]

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hello, I'm glad to answer, I was a bit desperate. :icon_mrgreen:

Are you trying to modify SeamTech, or create something new that replaces SeamTech?

I want my application to work, if you just need to modify the seam tech or use another method, whatever.

I'm still unclear on what SeamTech is failing to provide for you.

I just managed to make the seam tech work with the robot moving on the Y axis, I wanted it to stay on that axis and only move in X and Z, because the piece rotates. What I did was save an INITIAL point, a FINAL point and the robot moves from the starting point to the end by adjusting the laser sensor (with the part stopped). What I wanted was for the robot to be "stopped." For example, if you set a time for the seam tech to become active by setting only the X and Z axis, you do not need the Y axis. If you can only do this with seam tech, that's fine.

"The piece moves in Y" -- Y axis of what base frame? Is the piece rotating around World Z?

I put a PDF with an sketch, see if you can understand better.

How is your seam sensor currently connected to SeamTech? Is it through a PC, or using FieldBus?

The sensor is connected control unit (which comes with sensor), which in reality is a computer with ubuntu connected by ethernet tcp / ip with the robot cabinet.

• Sorry, I'm Brazilian, I did not find help here. I can understand English well, but do not write or speak. It's just that I really need some help.

[size=2]"If you need any more information I'm willing to pass ..." i never expected need to extort the info but if that's what it takes... nah, rather not.[/size]

I did not want to express in the sense of extortion, I wanted to express that if you needed any more information that I did not post here (maybe need to make it work, as I have never used RSI, maybe you need some information that i did not comment on). Sorry, here in Brazil is not an insult.

Edited once, last by Roger Alexander Moresco ().

• ...that is not possible. KUKA robots only work in right-handed coordinate systems.

Do you have any tutorials on how to install the RSI with the sensor? Or at least to work together that test interface, called TestServer, a photo is attached. That I can move the robot through the PC using RSI.

I'm really desperate to make it work if you need more information to make it work that I did not mention because I've never worked with it.

• The issue is that we would need to know how/if SeamTech is using RSI already. I don't know how SeamTech does it, but assuming that KUKA follows the same pattern as they did with Force-Torque Control, then there should be a set of Template files in the robot, usually starting with T0 -- every time a new FTC "application" is created, the T number is incremented.. These files can be edited with RSIVisual Shell. The trick here is that, every time you open a particular FTC application, a non-editable set of RSI files are created, and those are what the robot executes.

So, to make custom alterations to an FTC applications RSI infrastructure, I had to:
    1. Create the FTC application
    2. Figure out which set of Template files (T0, T1, T2, etc) was being used for that particular application
    3. Open the Tx files in RSIVisual Shell and make my custom edits
    4. Open the FTC application via the FTC menu and make some minor change, then save the application -- this was the only way to force the non-editable files to be updated using the new altered template