Group Analog Input

• Hi,

is it possible to group analog inputs in WorkVisual?I have Beckhoff analog input card which is 32bit DINT.On the robot side i can choose only
    16bit INT.Want to read the value exclusive as analog.

• why not? as i stated i want to use it exclusive as analog.so is it possible to group the analog inputs somehow?
    WorkVisual dont give me that option at the moment.

• why? i don't know... talk to Kuka design team. they had to settle on something and 16-bit analogs are very common. higher resolution is possible but quite exotic. you can regroup 32-bit on the fieldbus end to make it two 16-bit values and map them to two analog inputs. but this means you still need to recombine them into one variable which does not make sense.

what is wrong with proposed solution? why it need to be ANIN and not signal?

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• there is nothing wrong,i could solve that way in any case.just dont get it why cannot get a 32bit analog value on the robot side.

• Market demand.

The vast majority of industrial analog signalling works from 0 to +10V, or -10 to +10V. Or 4-20mA. 16bits, signed, gives you a resolution of 0.0000305/bit. So for even a 20V total swing, you get a resolution of 0.6mV. For the vast majority of industrial applications, that's well below the noise threshold.

And since using "digilog" mapping is so easy, there's little incentive to open up the ranges on the ANIN/ANOUT specialty signals.

• The voltage range is clear but you have different bit resolution depending on the manufacturer.So if i have predefined 32bit from the manufacturer, why kuka cannot solve that i just dont get it. That should be kuka setting according to the market.

• 32bit analogs are simply very very rare in industry. I've never seen one, and I've been in the business for 20+ years. The ANIN and ANOUTs are also rather old features, and aren't used a whole lot these days -- even for 8bit, 12bit, 16bit analog sensors, my usual approach has been to read their inputs as direct binary and do my own conversion math on them, rather than use the ANINs and ANOUTs.

Offhand, the only thing I can think of that requires an ANOUT is using the realtime Velocity-controlled analog output. I can't think of anything that requires an ANIN, although some of the KUKA TPs may still rely on it.

• he just does not get it. the day someone is going to release a new product with 40 or 64 or X bits he will still ask why is this not already supported. because it is a unicorn - it is not yet popular. it takes time to get wide adoption and become industrial standard. Lamborgini is already created, everyone likes it so why is not everyone owning one or two already? why not private plane?

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners