Hold problem with S-420 iF

• Hello, i have a problem with a Fanuc robot S-420 iF , with a RJ2 Controller, first, the robot was working completly fine, next day didnt even turn on the controller, i dont know if here happened a voltage drop on the lines, i checked voltages, everything, so i decided to replace the power supply unit (i had a replacement here). After that the robot turn on normally, but i have this issue with the hold function, because all the time the led state of the pendant ¨HOLD¨ it is turned on, so i can´t perform a cycle start to make the robot work, if i put it in Manual mode (T2) , the Hold light stills on, and if i try to jog the robot, the pendant shows this two errors:

- JOG-005 CAN NOT CLEAR HOLD FLAG
    - SYST-001 HOLD BUTTON IS BEING PRESSED

I checked the HOLD button from the operator panel, it is working fine, closing and opening the contacts, and disabled the UI signals on the robot (because i am using this signals from a PLC to the robot), but even doing this i still have this message.

I have changed:

- Power supply unit
    - Teach pendant
    - Teach pendant cable
    - Operator panel board

If anyone could give me an advise, will be great, thank you guys.

• All of your actions seem reasonable. The next step to me would be to investigate and replace the E-Stop board. I imagine the hold signal is tied in to it at some level, although maybe not. If your HOLD UI signal is not on, and you have disabled Remote entirely, and you have switched Pendant and Cable, then a deeper electrical problem seems like the only possibility.

• Are there any other faults present? Sometimes you can get a hold signal from something else being wrong and it trying to stop motion. For example, i believe the Hold signal is turned on internally when the fence is open.

• The only present fault it is the hold button, in fact, there is no ¨Fault¨ present, because the fault light is it turned off. Did you know which cable could be (inside de the controller) the responsable of the Hold signal? I will start to check every cable inside but they are a lot.

• Can you try to do a “cold start”. Reboot robot pressing “prev” + “next” and select “cold start”

Normally that error appears for a software issue. And solve just with cold start or controlled start and then cold start.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

• SOLVED!!! I checked all the connectors inside the controller, i disconnected and connected one by one, i turned on the robot again and the problem was gone, thanks to everyone for the help, was very usefull all the advices.

• SOLVED!!! I checked all the connectors inside the controller, i disconnected and connected one by one, i turned on the robot again and the problem was gone, thanks to everyone for the help, was very usefull all the advices.

I'm still having this issue. I don't understand what fixed it.

Advertising from our partners