KRC4 compact LAN connection with WorkVisual

• Hi,

I cannot connect the controller and my computer. I want to get the WorkVisual configuration.
    I have a LAN cable straight form my laptop to the controllers X69 service port.

From the SmartPAD I go to Start-up > Network configuration and see that the robot IP address is 172.31.1.147
    I set my laptops address to something in the same region.. 172.31.1.250... and same subnet 255.255.0.0.

I try to ping the controllers address and get "Request timed out" - thinking there could be something preventing straight pinging I go on.

I open WorkVisual and use File > Browse for project... and after refreshing I get "No cells found on the network"

What am I doing wrong?
    What can I check?

Edited once, last by Koppel ().

• Thanks man. I would have never guessed that.
    The manual says:

Interface X69 is intended for connecting a notebook for the purpose of diagnosis,
    WorkVisual configuration, update, etc., via the KSI (KUKA Service Interface).

And as I wanted to connect a notbook for the purpose of WorkVisual configuration I had no doubt that X69 was the right port.
    Previously I tried all the ports without success... but this time it was because a firewall was blocking the addresses.

For the X66 port the manual just says.

• Why guess? Just read..

If you are using KLI port, connect through KLI port. KLI relevant configuation applies here.

If you are using KSI port, connect through KSI port. KSI relevant setup applies here.

It makes no sense to setup KLI but physically connect to KSI. They are different ports with different behaviour and different features.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• And it would be much easier to respond if we knew which exact manual, version and page you are referring to.

Please read

And start by reading READ FIRST. It will help us communicate better.

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• one of the most basic needs is to be able to perform commissioning of the robot (transfer WorkVisual project to/from robot, access KOP files, etc). beyond that it could be need for data exchange, such as monitoring or control... could be many reasons.

3) read 1 and 2

• Who can say me what is the advantages of connecting KUKA controller to laptop?!

Depends somewhat on the controller. For KRC4s, KRC5s, and iiWAs, connecting a computer with WorkVisual is the only way to perform many setup&configuration steps. For KRC1s and KRC2s, it's possible to do everything necessary without a computer (aside from a few special-case Tech Package options).

Beyond that, it's as Panic says.

Advertising from our partners