K-ROSET Lite Help!

• Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

The tool file must be in .krprj files. If you imported the tool from Solidworks for example, you need to save it with .stl file and add it to the robot. More examples you can find in the K-ROSET folder : Kawasaki\K-ROSET\Hisui\KHIlibraries\Tools

Also, having a lite version you will have a lot of restrictions, therefore is better to have a trial version. Please read this file:
    Kawasaki\K-ROSET\Hisui\documents\K-ROSET The Procedure for making License_EN.pdf maybe you will get a trial version which is valid for 2 months.

• Thanks Alexandru! I'm going to read the document. I've tried to import a tool which is on the KHIlibraries. The robot is an RS030N and the tool is Hand_G5BM21000B. I did the following step:
    select Tool on tree pane,
    ->NullTool ->Tool Arrow -> disable Lock -> Add -> Environment -> Work -> Select file.

What's wrong with it?

TIA

• A good example you can find it in Kawasaki\K-ROSET\Hisui\documents\K-ROSET Handling Project Manual_EN.pdf page 21.

Read both documents and I realized that the Lite version is not enought. Can't find the ScrapeLicenseInfo.exe so, any suggestions to obtain a license (full or trial)? TIA

• Which version of K-ROSET are you using? I attached you the exe file, usually that exe it is located in the installation folder.

Thanks for the file.
    I have the v1.8. Once i have the LicenceInfo.txt, do i send it to support mail?

• Yes, send the txt file to the e-mail adress and tell them that you are a student and you want to do your master thesis with kawasaki robots.

Thanks! Just sent. Hope in their answer asap.
    Other question: Is it possible to simulate TCP server on K-ROSET?
    TIA

• Yes, you are quite correct.

KROSET Lite offers many restrictions (tools and importing models).
    - You can import 1 model only to the world environment (ONLY if you haven't imported any other models) - This can be freely moved.
    - You can import multiple models to the Tool Arrow - These cannot be freely moved.
    - Using the Terminal Window/Teach Pendant, has no real restrictions as far as using the Robot is concerned.....So can still be utilised for programming.

However, you can setup a TCP (Tool Arrow) to the exact position of your model TCP (But you cannot have a model there as the origin of your model will always snap to the origin of the tool arrow) and this is done using the Terminal Window/Teach Pendant and not via the KROSET Project Tree as follows:

Intended Tool Arrow (TCP) to be at Co-ordinate (0,0,128.6,0,0,0) - From the 'pic' images of the STL Model I wanted to use..... :bawling:
    1. Create Project and add required robot.
    2. Synchronise KROSET-> Controller with controller settings selected.
    3. Open Terminal and type in:
    QTOOL OFF <enter>
    TOOL NULL+TRANS(0,0,128.6,0,0,0) <enter><enter>
    4. Synchronise Controller-> KROSET with controller settings selected.
    5. Save Project and re-open it................... :beerchug:

(see attached images).

As long as you are not Tool Changing, this is the only way around in the Lite version for configuring a TCP arrow in KROSET Lite.
    If you do intend to tool change, then you will need to synchronise again Controller->KROSET controller settings after adjusting the Tool in the Terminal Window/Teach Pendant.

As far as KROSET Lite is concerned, it is a great tool to learn how to program and use the robot as a pointer/positioner without the KROSET functionality but yes, you will indeed benefit from the Licensed version, either USB Dongle or via 2 Month Trial to unlock these restrictions.

As far as TCP is concerned, you can plug into KROSET using a Telnet app like Hercules.
    - KROSET uses IP 127.0.0.1 and Port 9105
    - So you can configure TCP/IP comms within the KROSET Project Terminal Window and test/communicate with Hercules.
    - You could also develop your own TCP using the KRCC dll (available from Kawasaki).

Hope this helps...............

• Just received this answer from Kawasaki support :
    'Recently, the license of K-ROSET was cracked and We received a report that was illegally used.
    For this reason, we are currently temporarily stopping the issue of trial license to free-Email accounts, and students.' :icon_frown:

As far as TCP is concerned, you can plug into KROSET using a Telnet app like Hercules.
    - KROSET uses IP 127.0.0.1 and Port 9105
    - So you can configure TCP/IP comms within the KROSET Project Terminal Window and test/communicate with Hercules.
    - You could also develop your own TCP using the KRCC dll (available from Kawasaki).

Could you explain me this in details please?
    I need to simulate (if is possibile) the communication between PLC and the robot.
    TIA

Could you explain me this in details please?

You'll have to do some background reading............

Have a read of the attached manual for TCP/IP Communications for the Kawasaki.
    - You can create a program in KROSET based on this.

Goto https://www.hw-group.com/software/hercules-setup-utility
    - Download the utility.
    - This will allow you to connect to KROSET and test your TCP/IP program for Kawasaki.
    - This should at least put in the right area.

• A small video clip of testing using KROSET and Hercules (KROSET Lite will not restrict you from programming TCP/IP).
    - Also, you will want to 'allow' Hercules to execute through any firewall you may have.

• Can you give more details? What do you want to transfer from PLC to the robot?

The company which proposed me the thesis didn't give any details right now. I know only that i need to communicate with the PLC of an industrial machine. I am the first to use K-ROSET and a Kawasaki robot for this company, so they asked me to investigate if is possibile to simulate this communication, because know I'm working from home.

A small video clip of testing using KROSET and Hercules (KROSET Lite will not restrict you from programming TCP/IP).
    - Also, you will want to 'allow' Hercules to execute through any firewall you may have.

Thanks, I really appreciate, this will be very useful to me after my TCP's background will be grown

• I'm not going to take the fun and frustration out of using TCP/IP, as the most frustrating part is having to type out the commands all the time, unless you can get a program working straight away.

However thought I would add a small video to get you started to introduce you to:
    - A horrible pitfall when you forget to set the Server (Hercules) to listen (KROSET will bind a socket, even though it didn't connect/no error).
    - TCP STATUS - Grabs the current socket status.
    - TCP CONNECT - Opens the Socket and Binds to the Port (Establish Communications with the Server).
    - TCP CLOSE - Closes the Socket (Disconnects Communications with the Server).

The biggest tip I can give you is definitely read the manual and utilize the TCP STATUS Command.
    - You have to execute the TCP STATUS Command when you want to update.

Have fun......but it can be frustrating...............

• Now, considering i have started from 0, i am more familiar with TCP/IP Communication thanks to your hints. I have success writing commands in the terminal but now want to write a program. Could you send me your test program to inspire me to write a personal one, please?
    TIA

Advertising from our partners