Device description files. Where do I get them?

• WorkVisual help says:
    To be able to use a device in WorkVisual, WorkVisual requires the device description file for this device.

And tells me to just Import > Device description files and just browse them.

Yes... but where are the files?
    I can't get anything from searching KUKA Xpert.
    I couldn't find anything on the CD-s that were shipped with the robot.

Where do I get them for my new KUKA KR10-R1100 and the KR C4 compact controller !?

• WHICH Device....?

If it is something made by KUKA, it will be in installation forlder of WorkVisual.
    If it is something made by Beckhoff, go to Bekhoff website
    If it is something made by Omron, go to Omron website

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Ok. I found:
    GSDML-V2.33-KUKA-KRC4-ProfiNet_4.1-20170630.xml

in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\KUKA\WorkVisual 5.0\DeviceDescriptions\GSDML

And I gave the file to the PLC guy
    Than I impoted the same Profinet file into WorkVisual... it says it is impoted but I don't see that anything changed. Where can I notice a difference? Some option appeared to a menu somewhere?

We use a Siemens S7-1500 PLC. Do I need to import something more or is the ProfiNet description file enough for the two to communicate to each other?
    For the KUKA robot and the KUKA controller I don't need to import anything to WorkVisual, right?

• These Device Description Files are only needed by the master on a FieldBus connection. The robot would only need this file added if it was going to act as a FieldBus Master to another robot. The PLC will (probably) need that file b/c (I assume) the PLC as acting as the bus Master.

On the robot, you need to configure it as a Slave device. On both the robot and PLC, the settings for "Device Name," address, and number of I/O will need to match.

If you need the robot to act as FieldBus Master to another robot, the description file will be available in the DTM catalogs, and you'll need to drag&drop it into the FieldBus hardware tree in WV. It may be necessary to add the bus to the robot hardware tree first.

Advertising from our partners