Move files from Roboguide to robot controller

• I've been playing with roboguide, created a program and will need to setup DCS next.

Once that's than, how do I move those files/setup from PC over to the actual robot controller?

Thanks,
    Tom

• I have export roboguide prgrm to usb as .LS file then loaded on to robot tp
    Do you have ASCII option?
    If not, you should also be able to export as .tp then load to robot.

• If you have ethernet connection from computer, you can transfer programs and files directly from Roboguide using Robot Simulator -> FTP.

You can transfer programs to USB by right clicking on a program and selecting Save -> Binary (TP).
    Or you can make AOA backup of you Roboguide cell and copy whole folder to USB.

• Yes, I know how to load individual files into the controller.
    I guess I was asking what else should I be loading in addition to my program. How about DCS, registers, limits, variables, etc...

Do I have to load individual files or is there an option to transfer all the files that I've modified in roboguide that are required by my cell ?

Thanks,
    Tom

• You can restore all from USB via boot menu. But it is not advisable to restore all from RG AOA backup.

Instead you load what you need.
    For DCS: DCSPOS.SV (Pos/Speed check), DCSIOC.SV (Safe IO Connect),
    For Numeric registers: NUMREG.VR
    For Position registers: POSREG.VR
    For Frames: SYSFRAME.SV
    For DIDO: DIOCFGSV.IO

• Or, you can connect to your robot over the robot network and export them directly over ethernet. Or, you can connect over FTP and just drag and drop the files. Some files may require a restart.

• I find using the loadset feature is the easiest, rather than setting a path and taking an AOA backup. With the loadset, you can select individual files you need and export it to a folder, rather than searching through a whole AOA backup.

• Does anyone know which file(s) contain the collaborative settings? Are they included in the 2 DCS files listed above [DCSPOS.SV (Pos/Speed check), DCSIOC.SV (Safe IO Connect)]? I want to make sure I get those files when I transfer from RoboGuide.

Thanks

• Hello,

Once in Roboguide and connection established with the real robot,

Where to find those files and how to transfer them to real Robot?

Thank you very much

Advertising from our partners