Motoman MRC istruction inserting without position variable (P00X)

• Hello,
    I finally created the first program for my robot but I face some problems.
    When I want to insert a new instruction MOVC, MOVL the teach pedant always inserts after movc the position variable (for example MOVC P001 V=100).
    Since the number of points that can be defined is low, i don't want to put the position variable after movc (something like MOVC V=100).
    I have read the advanced programming manual, but it doesn't shows how to do this. The controller is MRC.

Is there a key combination, or ?
    Thank you in advance.
    Best regards,
    Cristian

• Stay out of the INFORM LIST. When you are in a job with the cursor on the left side, the edit buffer will have a move on it, MOVJ, MOVL, MOVC, or MOVS. At the bottom of the pendant is the MOTION TYPE key. When you press it the edit buffer line will cycle through the different motion types. This will record the position in pulse counts.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Many thanks 95devils!
    You clarify one issue.

Another question.
    I used also position variable to set the robot position.
    SETE P001(1) 0 - (set 0mm in x)
    SETE P001(2) 0 - (set 0mm in y)
    SETE P001(3) 0 - (set 0mm in z)
    i used constant for defining the 0 when the SETE was written.
    After this i use the instruction
    MOVL P000
    When i looked at robot coordinates after executing the MOVL instruction, the pulse position is
    0 on axis s
    0 on axis l
    0 on axis u
    but on x,y,z is diffrent.

How can I make the SETE instruction to perform setting in xx,yy,zz coordinates?
    Or this is impossible?

Thank you.
    Best regards,
    Cristian

• When you are using the SETE instruction the controller is writing a value into an element of a position variable. The controller doesn't care what the numbers are, just write them. It is the format of the position variable that has meaning. The element numbers are:

S=1
    L=2
    U=3
    R=4
    B=5
    T=6

X=1
    Y=2
    Z=3
    Rx=4
    Ry=5
    Rz=6

If you write SETE P001(1) 0. The controller writes that value into the first element of P001. If P001 is formatted in pulse counts then that is the S-axis at 0 pulse counts.

If P001 is set up in Base, Robot, Tool, or User then SETE P001 (1) 0 is the X at 0.000 millimeters from the origin of P001s reference (Base, Robot, or User).

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Hello,
    I set the positon variable P003 in robot mode.
    Then made this:
    SETE P003(1) 1234
    SETE P003(2) 0
    SETE P003(3) 0
    MOVL P003 V=138

when it reaches the line MOVL P003 V=138 in play mode,
    it drops an alarm "ALARM 4130 ARITHMETIC ERROR"
    does anyone knows the reason?

Thank you.

• Please don't do that. I'm guessing the Rx, Ry, and Rz saved your butt. The alarm is because the robot can't get there. When you look at the robot's current position in RF, there are 3 deimal places for XYZ and 2 for Rx, Ry, and Rz. You have to take them into account. You are telling the controller to take the tcp to a X of 1.234 mm, Y of 0, and Z of 0. Basically align the tool to the origin of the robot. The tool can not go there without crashing into the robot. The robot axes will not run into each other but the controller doesn't know what the tool looks like, just a point in space, we call the tcp. The origin of the robot has Z+ going up. The tool data probably has Z+ going down. The arm would have to flip the tool around to reach the point. With valid Rx, Ry, and Rz values the tool would have smashed into the robot. Being there, done that. Not pretty.

• Stay out of the INFORM LIST. When you are in a job with the cursor on the left side, the edit buffer will have a move on it, MOVJ, MOVL, MOVC, or MOVS. At the bottom of the pendant is the MOTION TYPE key. When you press it the edit buffer line will cycle through the different motion types. This will record the position in pulse counts.

and what about smovl + movj? without inform instructions there's only movl+movj. I just want to insert smovl+movj without position variables.

• and what about smovl + movj? without inform instructions there's only movl+movj. I just want to insert smovl+movj without position variables.

Press the 4 key in a job with a master and slave.

Advertising from our partners