Ovc alarm

• Hi I am trying to run this s430if with rj 3 controller which was sitting for a while. Getting OVC alarm and weird noise from servo as it is trying to hold position but can't. Took the servo out and runs fine. Put it back in same problem. Can anyone help please. Thanks

• Hello Avri,

it sounds like that the brake will not open. Do you hear thle "clack" ?
    If it is not the brake, there is a mechanical problem.

Matthias

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hi Guys
    thanks for the replies. I have checked the incoming power which is ok. I thought it was the brake but when i removed the motor from the frame and ran it on the desk with everything plugged in, it runs fine. brake works the way its supposed to. Looks like the servo is finding difficulties in holding the position while energized when in place . Which could be something mechanical according to Matthias. This problem is with axis 3. I am not sure how to diagnose the mechanical side of this issue.
    Thanks

Advertising from our partners