KRC2/KRC4 update .Net Framework / KukavarProxy

• Hello,

I've recently been working with / collaborating to KukavarProxy. The code has been kindly released on github by IMST : https://github.com/ImtsSrl/KUKAVARPROXY and you can find an updated release on the repo (9.0.0) with few bug fixes & english translation I've submitted.

On the other side, I'm working on a C# client library (.Net Standard) that I'm planning to release opensource in few weeks. It will allow to easily send read/write requests to kukavarproxy via C#.

My question is about updating .Net Framework on KRC2 (WinXP embedded) or KRC4 (Win7 embedded). I would like to port KukavarProxy to C# but at the moment I am stuck with the old-old .Net 2.0 framework on my KRC2. I would rather go with at least .Net 3.5.

Does anybody have ever tried to upgrade the .Net framework installed on a KRC2 ? To which version ? 3.5 ? 4.0 ?
    Is it safe ? Should I clone my current system with Clonezilla before doing this ?

• Updating should be fine, since the older versions are still kept, but cloning the drive is always a good idea. Updates should be incremental for safety, but anything that works on WinXP Pro will work on KUKA's WinXPe.
    I wouldn't port KVP to C# though - it might end up being slower than VB. If you want to port it, go directly to C/C++

• Ok, thanks.

I've cloned the system and did .Net 2.0 > 3.0 > 3.5 > 4.0 updates with a restart after each.
    Apparently It worked. Will see in the next days if it truly allright.

Regarding your remark, I've been digging into my idea of rewritting KukavarProxy to a more general KukacrossProxy that will exposes CrossComm interface to remote clients.

I feel far more comfortable with C# so It is why I am going to stick with it. They are quite good networking libraries for that (ZeroMQ).

Advertising from our partners