Loading an option package from a robot controller

• Dear Sirs ,

i have kuka KRC4 compact controller with ethernet KRL v2.2.7 option package

but i don't have this option installed on work visual , when i generate code , gives me error to install this option
    according to the manual , i tried to loading this option from the robot controller
    but i cant'select these options and download it to work visual .

i dont know where is the problem

thank you all :smiling_face:

• Hi,
    Option one: On Workvisual, under the Extras go to Options. Among Options are Rules for Code Generation. Uncheck the option that prevents code generation if not all options are installed in the necessary version.
    Option two: Install this option on your WorkVisual. On the robot's D:\KUKA_OPT\ directory, there is a subdirectory for TP installed in the robot. Copy files to your computer and install the Option Package in WorkVisual. First close the active project and the option to install the package will be enabled.

• Hi,
    Option one: On Workvisual, under the Extras go to Options. Among Options are Rules for Code Generation. Uncheck the option that prevents code generation if not all options are installed in the necessary version.
    Option two: Install this option on your WorkVisual. On the robot's D:\KUKA_OPT\ directory, there is a subdirectory for TP installed in the robot. Copy files to your computer and install the Option Package in WorkVisual. First close the active project and the option to install the package will be enabled.

Hi Sir! How to copy file from D:\KUKA_OPT\ directory. Thanks

• login as expert or higher. this will allows you to see all drives, including C: and D:.

connect usb stick to the KRC (not smartPad) and you should see the new drive icon appear for the USB stick. if transferring using HMI does not work, you can always minimize HMI and use windows explorer to tackle this.

the other option is to use ethernet connection (shared network drive). this is good when frequent access to D: is needed.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• login as expert or higher. this will allows you to see all drives, including C: and D:.

connect usb stick to the KRC (not smartPad) and you should see the new drive icon appear for the USB stick. if transferring using HMI does not work, you can always minimize HMI and use windows explorer to tackle this.

the other option is to use ethernet connection (shared network drive). this is good when frequent access to D: is needed.

Can you tell me more detail the way using ethernet connection with shared network drive? Thanks bro so much

• what detail is needed?

1. login and minimize HMI

2. open windows explorer and check if D: is shared or share it yourself, for example share it as d and make sure share rights are suiting your needs.

3. note down KLI ip address of the robot (normally virtual5 but it could be other too, look for one marked 4. as windows interface). suppose it is the default 172.31.1.147

5. make sure your computer is on a same subnet, such as 172.31.1.148

6. open windows explorer on your computer and in path enter \\robotIP\sharedName

in this example that would be \\172.31.147\d and when asked for user name and password, use correct one for your KSS. on recent versions that is usually username KukaUser and password 68kuka1secpw59

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• also check

i think later in the video they show just that

3) read 1 and 2

• also check

i think later in the video they show just that

Thanks Sir by my heart! I do that

Advertising from our partners