Trouble communicating between A-B PLC, and robot with safemove

• Hi all. I am trying to get a 4 robots to talk to a CompactLogix 1769-L33ERMS PLC with CIP safety. I have set up the module in the PLC and also the robots exactly like this document says here:

https://www.robot-forum.com/ro…ion=dlattach;attach=16558

I can ping the robots fine. The safety network numbers match between the robot and the PLC module. I made sure the RPIs are all >= 20ms. The error code that I get in the PLC module is: Code 16#0010 mode or state of module does not allow object to perform requested service. I should also note that the standard IO is working between the robot/PLC. Just not the safe IO.

Has anyone run into this before? I have seen other cells set up communication like this successfully, and I have even tried copying over all of the settings from that cell's robots and ethernet module, but it still gives me this error. Any advice or help on this would be greatly appreciated!

• Hi, I've through this a number of times. Does the robot have option 997-3? For example, the current robot I'm commissioning was ordered with Safemove and Ethernet/IP but the person who ordered the robot did not know to order the CIP safety adapter so I couldn't use it with the Guardlogix safety task.

• Hello

Can you kindly explain how did you resolve this issue?

We are having a similar issue trying to connect IRC 5 controller (Safemove Pro 2) with AB Compact Guardlogix PLC.

If you have step by step instructions, kindly share that. We have an ABB tech on site trying to figure this out as well but he is also struggling to resolve this.

Thanks
    Parnad.

• Are you using the CIP communication protocol? Usually the PLC side generates an ID number that gets entered into the robot side. I seem to recall that the PLC generates the ID with dashes between groups of numbers, and those have to be either removed or changed to underscores (it's been too long, cant remember exactly)

• Yes, using CIP safety. PLC generated SNN that we used on the robot side to establish the connection. You are correct, PLC generated SNN contains Underscore "_" between every 4 letters. On the robot side however, the underscores are automatically removed.

We were able to get it working. We had to recreate a system on the robot side and start from the scratch.

Advertising from our partners