How to config EtherNetKRL in OfficeLite ?

• I need to use EtherNetKRL in OfficeLite.

My steps are as follows:

1、Copy "BinaryFixed.xml" to the directory:
    "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ETHERNETKRL\DOC\Example\Config".

2、Copy "src" and "dat" to Robot

3、The network adapter "VMware Network Adapter VMnet8" of Vmware is in NAT mode,I set the IP fixed as "192.168.1.2"

4、 Set the IP of "BinaryFixed.xml" as 192.168.1.2 , Port as 59153

After deploying this, I run the program in smartHMI,it showed an error saying "Ethernet connection to external system failed".

After searching,I found following things:
    1、 I need use KUKA-router to Port forwarding.But no one showed details. I added two nodes in KUKA-router as follows:

Target Host Source Port Target Port
    192.168.1.2 59153 59153 (same as VMnet8 and BinaryFixed.xml )
    192.168.1.3 59154 59154 (the IP config in smartHMI,the Port is Written at random)

But it is useless.....

2、Someone said make the Vmware port to Vxworks,but where is the Vxworks IP?

Forgive me for my bad English and description. Thanks any suggestion!!! : :help: :help: :help:

• read READ FIRST
    read EthernetKRL manual

placing XML file in that path (or whatever random folder) does not do anything. configuration file MUST be placed in a very specific folder as per manual.

"communication" means there need to be TWO sides talking to each other.

In case of Ethernet exchange using TCP, one of them is a CLIENT and the other is a SERVER:
    1. KRL program is one of them (can be either CLIENT or SERVER).
    2. Another is external device or application (can be either CLIENT or SERVER)

Note, role of both sides must be complementary, cannot have both sides acting as SERVER or both sides acting as CLIENT.

Until that external application is created, you can use demo server (.EXE) to test communication. Since this is a SERVER, it means that KRL program MUST be acting as a CLIENT.

Server MUST be running BEFORE clients attempt to connect to it. Website is a server. Website must be up and running before your browser (client) tries to connect to it.

Server does not need to respond with an actual message (ACK is send anyway) so just to test connection, server only need to be running and reachable. so network settings need to be correct. but using port forwarding is generally not needed. using router is generally not needed.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Edited once, last by SkyeFire ().

• Thanks very much for reply.I did follow the help documentation in EthernetKRL.I put the file -"BinaryFixed.xml" in the correct directory.Sorry for that the content in my previous post is wrong.

And I run "BinaryFixed.exe" befor I run the program in KUKA.And I configed the server well as the document said ,I can ping server from OfficeLite.But I can not ping KUKA in my host pc,even though I chang the ip and submask to make them in one subnet.

"EKI_Init" is OK.The program stop at "EKI_Open",the HMI showed "Ethernet connection to external system failed".And the log file showed that "Can't connect to IP 192.168.129.1 and port 59152 Errornumber(-1)"。

I think the problem is KUKA can not connect the host pc.In physical world,I must plug in wire to KUKA KLI,but in simulation,I did nothing.Should I do something?And where is wrong?Thank you again.

• “BinaryFixed.exe” is the server program of EthernetKRL, it is running in the host,and it is communicating with the program in KUKA which is in a virtual machine.“BinaryFixed.exe” is an example of EthernetKRL.

Advertising from our partners