AUTO PAYLOAD CALIBRATION

• Payload setup is covered in the HandlingTool manuals. One thing that is easily overlooked: Be sure to run calibration first with no tooling, etc. on the end of arm. After this is complete, the payload schedules can be set up.

• Payload setup is covered in the HandlingTool manuals. One thing that is easily overlooked: Be sure to run calibration first with no tooling, etc. on the end of arm. After this is complete, the payload schedules can be set up.

Is calibration always required on new robots? When switching calibration from (no) to (yes), a prompt appears that says '...only required when there has been a mechanical replacement'. The manual states to run payload calibration if status is not set to DONE. I only see astrisks under status, so I assume this means calibration has not been done?

• Per the HandlingTool manual, calibration applies to axes 5 and 6 and accounts for differences in the servo motors and gearboxes, etc. from one robot to the next. Assuming you have the auto payload ID option on this robot, you need to run calibration before any payload schedules are set up. With no tooling or dressout on the end of arm, set calibration status to ON and execute. The robot will move J5 and J6 through some simple motions to perform the calibration. When it is done, calibration status will change to done. Read up on this in the manual before you get started so you know how to position the robot before you start and how it will move during calibration.

• Per the HandlingTool manual, calibration applies to axes 5 and 6 and accounts for differences in the servo motors and gearboxes, etc. from one robot to the next. Assuming you have the auto payload ID option on this robot, you need to run calibration before any payload schedules are set up. With no tooling or dressout on the end of arm, set calibration status to ON and execute. The robot will move J5 and J6 through some simple motions to perform the calibration. When it is done, calibration status will change to done. Read up on this in the manual before you get started so you know how to position the robot before you start and how it will move during calibration.

The reason I ask is because I find a lot of times I will be working on a cell where the previous integrator has not setup payload information. It is not practical to remove tooling & dressout on a robot that has been running production for 5+ years. I guess it is better to have payload values rather than nothing; but I will keep this in mind for new builds.

• Hello there!

1. The robot controller can be Payload, but it must be debugged by the engineer.

2. Wired Payload, but need to be provided by the simulation engineer, enter the robot controller in hand

Thank you

From Google Translate

Advertising from our partners