Advertising

Kuka iiwa Connect with Reflex Takktile 2 Gripper

• Hi! We are now attaching a Reflex Takktile 2 Gripper to Kuka iiwa 7 R800 LBR robot. The Reflex gripper is originally controlled in ROS. To make it easier for development, we made Kuka iiwa also ROS-controlled, according to a tutorial on Github (https://github.com/IFL-CAMP/ii…iki/sunrise_project_setup).

Now Kuka is successfully connected with ROS through KONI to our PC. However, we are not sure how to integrate Kuka and Reflex, i.e. how to connect to Kuka and Reflex Hand simultaneously with our PC? How to set the IP configuration? Now the ip address for Reflex Hand is 10.1.1.10, while the ip address for Kuka through the ROS package is set to 160.69.69.100. How to coordinate them?

If what we have done is not a good way to make them work together, please tell us what is the right thing to do. I would appreciate it!

• Hi Wang Zhiyang,

Sorry - I don't know about the Reflex Hand...
    ... but, I stumbled about your Networking setup:

Now the ip address for Reflex Hand is 10.1.1.10, while the ip address for Kuka through the ROS package is set to 160.69.69.100. How to coordinate them?

What about, you get both IP-Adresses matching in the same subnet, such that you avoid fiddling around with too big subnet masks?

Eg. you would configure the Reflex Hand into the subnet of the KUKA Robot Controller, eg. 10.1.1.10-> 160.69.69.10
    Or vice versa, e.g. 160.69.69.100 -> 10.1.1.100

Background: In your configuration, you would Need a veeery open subnet mask (or other Manual Routing configurations), if both participants Need to communicate with each other, which makes it very uncomfortable to use w.r.t the Internet - or other Tools... And such a subnet (or other Routing techniques) will have horrible evil side effects.

DrG

• Thanks for your answering. We also think that changing the IP of Reflex Hand into the subnet of the KUKA is a way worth trying. But we are still trying hard to find how to change its IP. The supplier of the Reflex Hand has not provided a valid plan to do it.