Safe communication between two KUKA robots

• Good morning,

2x KR10R1100six | PLC S7 1500 | WOV 4.0 | KSS 8.3.33

I want to establish a safe communication between two KUKA robots KR10R1100sixx recently installed. Each robot is already equipped with :

• 1x EK1100 | EtherCAT Coupler.
    • 1x EL2809 | HD EtherCAT Terminal, 16-channel digital output 24 V DC, 0.5 A.
    • 1x EL1809 | HD EtherCAT Terminal, 16-channel digital input 24 V DC.

My idea is to add :

 1x PLC. Beckhoff
     2x safe digital input module ( one for each robot ).
     2x safe digital output module ( one for each robot ).

The EtherCAT output of the PLC ( Beckhoff ) will be connected to the EtherCAT input of the coupler ( first robot ), and the EtherCAT output of the coupler ( first robot ) will be connected to the EtherCAT input of the coupler ( second robot robot ).

The safe outputs ( robot 1 ) will be wired to the safe inputs of ( robot 2 ).
    The safe outputs ( robot 2 ) will be wired to the safe inputs of ( robot 1 ).

I want to know your opinion about this solution for that application or propose me a better idea if there is.

Thank you.

• 1 question, Why do you need the safe communication between the robots? its hard to judge if you don't tell what you intend to do with it.

Every problem has a solution, that isn't the problem. The problem is the solution.

• [size=2]NO!!![/size]
    [size=2]• 1x EK1100 | EtherCAT Coupler.• 1x EL2809 | HD EtherCAT Terminal, 16-channel digital output 24 V DC, 0.5 A.• 1x EL1809 | HD EtherCAT Terminal, 16-channel digital input 24 V DC.[/size]

[size=2]Are STANDARD I/O (not safety rated)[/size]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]Safety rated signals must use safety rated interfaces[/size][/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]In case of KRC4 that would be X11 and X13 or ...[/size][/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]ProfiSafe or CIPsafety or FSoE[/size][/font]

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners