Use "Ready2_animate" for MIMIC Maya Or "EntertainTech" .

• Hello everyone,

I have a project coming up, where I need to animate three KRC4 robots KR22 R1610, on KSS 8.5 (Not sure about the release, as we didn't receive the robots, yet).
    I'm going to use Maya + MIMIC (A Maya plugin for controlling Industrial Robot). I was told that it needs A package called "ready2_animate".
    Correct me if I'm wrong, My understanding from the Tool's github and this forum, is that we create a robot animation on maya, then we export it to a .emily file that contains robot axes values mapped to a timeline/timetable. So, when we launch this program on a robot running "ready2_animate", the real motions are similar to virtual one and take the same amount of time.
    my questions are:

- Did anyone tried the same setup? If yes, what are the components of this package? Is it a Tech option we install, like EthernetKRL? or is a set of programs and functions we call from our main program?

- Did anyone used EntertainTech? because according to KUKA, ready2_animate is based on EntertainTech. Is there any documention or manual I can look at to know how to plan my project, because I have no idea about ready2_animate, to give our client a deadline.

Any help would be much appreciated.

• ready2animate is a package containing EntertainTech, and, I believe, RSI(Ethernet). It's a set of tech options configured from the factory.
    Mimic can export either EntertainTech sequences, or regular KRL code.
    EntertainTech is cheaper to purchase, but since you appear to have ordered the robots already, prepare for a massive quote, especially for 3 robots.

I use a custom version of Mimic with a live control package I wrote, which also exports to KRL.

• As far as i know, EntertainTech and CNC are both using EMI (External Motion interface) for real time motion,and it's completely different from RSI .But regarding of Ready2_Animate, i have no idea if it's similar to EntertainTech.If you want to have a try , you can provide the generated emily file and i can help you have a test with the entertainTECH in my OfficePC.

• EntertainTech is cheaper to purchase, but since you appear to have ordered the robots already, prepare for a massive quote, especially for 3 robots.

Do you mean they install them on the robot controllers themselves? Or would they just send the package files?
    Because, we ordered the KR22 robots, first, and now we're looking to purchase the ready2_animate/EntertainTech option.

I use a custom version of Mimic with a live control package I wrote, which also exports to KRL.

Cool. Is it available somewhere online? if so, I'd love to take a look.

• i have no idea if it's similar to EntertainTech.If you want to have a try , you can provide the generated emily file and i can help you have a test with the entertainTECH in my OfficePC.

Thanks. Can you explain, shortly, the process of setting up entertainTECH on the robot and how to play the .emily file?

• For EntertainTech option, firstly you have to install it on your robot controller, and then you can put your generated emily files into robot controller,for the next step , it's needed to create a program to open the motion interface for Emily files based on the option program library.No worry, if you have that option, definitely, you will know how to handle it with the reference of the manual. Thanks

Thanks. Can you explain, shortly, the process of setting up entertainTECH on the robot and how to play the .emily file?

• Hi there, im facing simillar issue. We are having krc2 with some welding package. We want to use mimic for generating motion program but our roboot need .src and .dat file but mimit does only .src with different syntax. Thanks for help. Kind regards

• Hi Jaroslav.

With some help, we managed to figure it out pretty quickly. It's something that's easier to show you than explain so DM me and I could video call you to show you the setup on our end.

• Hi Jaroslav.

With some help, we managed to figure it out pretty quickly. It's something that's easier to show you than explain so DM me and I could video call you to show you the setup on our end.

Hi, I have the same issue. First I would like to find where I can download the EntertainTech package (ready2_animate)? And then I would like to do the same where I can transfer the .dat and .src file from MIMIC to my pendant. Is this possible?

• I had a similar project like you guys, here I would like to quote what the support guy from Mimic4maya told me:

"

There are two approaches to driving the FIZ system directly from the controller:

1. If you use Extern mode, the gear value can be used to drive the focus motors. Your PLC would have to use the gear value to look up the appropriate FIZ positions, convert them to serial commands, then send to the robot. And again, Maya wouldn't make a good PLC for Extern mode - you'd need a more robust real-time PLC solution. Also, to clarify, when I say "gear value", that's KUKA's term for the EMILY file line index, not the value of the FIZ motor gears.
    2. The preferred method that a few of our users have gotten to work with the normal KRC mode - and are in the process of documenting - is to map the FIZ values into the EMILY file as a digital bitmask. Then use WorkVisual to map those as digital outputs over etherCAT to a Raspberry Pi using an EtherCAT Hat. On the Raspberry Pi, you can then convert the etherCAT digital output values back into your FIZ motor positions, then send to the motors over serial. "

Because Mimic4maya is an open source project and all of its functions are likely developed by its users. On the other hand, I have tested with another complete software solution(With a quite high price) called Mpstudio, which supports a lot of interesting features.

External Content www.facebook.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.facebook.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Br,

Edited once, last by Ben014 ().

Advertising from our partners