Load

• How would I go about setting a new load for a gripper? I used GripLoad load1 and set the value of load1 to 150kg but got an error 40660 that mentioned undefined load centre of gravity when I tried to run it.

• If you have the option for Load identification and collision detection the you should call the service routine LoadIdentify. During this process it will ask if you are running it for the tool or the payload. You will need to have a good tool load first. Hopefully you have that already. If not, run it first for the tool. Also, ensure that you have any armloads entered if applicable. That will be in your MOC.

• It doesn't appear that there is load idenfication but using GripLoad I was able to place a tyre onto the gripper and have it lift it. It seems more difficult to place it though as the change in load when the tyre is placed seems to crash the robot due to change in load and so I had to have the robot move down gradually changing the load each move as the object is placed down but this seems quite complicated for lifting and placing an object.

Advertising from our partners