Collision detect when no collision happened

• I have an LR mate i200 with a dispense gun mounted at 35 degree angle, I have changed the mounting variable accordingly but every time I try and move J6 I get a collision detect on G1, A6 and after a few resets I get an OVC alarm on J6, I have all payload data entered and its only the one joint that gives the alarms when moved... What am I missing?

• Is this a existing setup or new? Do you know what your collision guard sensitivity is set to? You can look under Menu>Setup>Coll Guard and it'll give a percentage.

"I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio."

• For my own applications, i have noticed that if there is a collision detection alarm without colliding that the speed may be too high for it to handle. When it is set low and the robot moves fast there is a chance that the torque from the robot will alarm it's self out. Try reducing the speed a the part of the program that is causing the alarm.

• Silly question but will axis 6 rotate without the gun attached?

Yes it will.

There are many things that can cause J6 collision/overcurrent faults , but one of the most common causes of J6 collision/overcurrent I've dealt with is the J6 brake not releasing for various reasons. Monitor axis J6 position in joint while trying to move J6. After it drops the servo power, does the position value return to where it started?

• Double check Payload and ensure you didn't type mm values (from drawing) to cm boxes (on robot).*
    I did this type of mistake and robot return SRVO-50 alarm every time when it stops and servos were turned off (dead man switch released).

* I assumed that robot is set to work in metric units and LR mate's default unit is cm.

• Yes it will.

There are many things that can cause J6 collision/overcurrent faults , but one of the most common causes of J6 collision/overcurrent I've dealt with is the J6 brake not releasing for various reasons. Monitor axis J6 position in joint while trying to move J6. After it drops the servo power, does the position value return to where it started?

im curious, if it did return to zero what would that indicate?

• If the position value returns to the same value as before the jogging attempt, it usually indicates the motor didn't move. Motor not moving could be lack of brake voltage to motor, faulty brake in the motor, seized motor, seized gear reduction.

Always found it curious that you could connect a seized motor outside of the robot and have the position change as you attempt to jog it even though the motor shaft does not move. It seems to display the position it expects until the error tolerance becomes too large, errors, and then displays actual position.

• Not to sound ridiculous, or insult, but....

We have had designers make mounts that bound up when bolted onto the J6 faceplate (against the J6 reducer).

The fact it doesn't move at all led me in that direction when I read your post. Take a look.

Advertising from our partners