Local emergency Stop in irc5

• Dear Sir,

We have a Robot used for marking.

The problem is when the robot goes to mark it stays there and even the flexpendent stops working. The error is Local Emergency Stop with the fencing door is opened. and its really difficult to bring it back with the help of crane.

Can somebody help me as we are facing production shutdown due to this.

With Best Regards,

• First, I hope that you are using the brake release when you move the robot with a crane. Second, start off by giving us some more info. Robot model, controller. Maybe some pics of the teach pendant. If you have not done so yet, check the cables/connections. Finally, look through your other event messages for errors occurring just before or at the same time. The pendant will only show one message. The true cause leading up to the failure might be hidden by the most recent being displayed.

• and its really difficult to bring it back with the help of crane.

How big is this robot?
    By "stops working", do you mean "goes blank", or "is unresponsive"?
    What do you do to regain control - restart/reboot/etc?
    Can you step through the program, or does it fault at the point in manual?
    Pics would be good.
    You might flush the error log, and post it/them after the error.

Edited once, last by Iowan ().

• [quote='Lemster68','https://www.robot-forum.com/forum/index.php?thread/&postID=126456#post126456']
    First, I hope that you are using the brake release when you move the robot with a crane.

Ddheech: You are right. By manually releasing brakes.

Second, start off by giving us some more info. Robot model, controller. Maybe some pics of the teach pendant.

1. Robot type is IRB 6650 and Controller is IRC5, M2004. The Robot shows general stop error. The first error that we get is 1Local Emergency Stop and the unauthorise fencing door open.

If you have not done so yet, check the cables/connections. Finally, look through your other event messages for errors occurring just before or at the same time. The pendant will only show one message. The true cause leading up to the failure might be hidden by the most recent being displayed.

Can you suggest which cable / connections to check ?

I have attached the backup. the date is 15/12/2018. THE fresh BACKUP made on 17/12/2018.

• Error log shows several collision detects and motion supervision. What kind of marking are you doing?

Can you step through the program, or does it fault at the point in manual? NO

Which? Can you manually step through the program?
    If you can step the robot around, can you get to the mark point?
    There seem to be a lot of search warnings - a feature I've never used.

• In my opinion. You can check brake contator group (K1-K2-K3). Because it give some axis was warninged. The robot has failed multiple axes. Open the back cover of the 1st and 5th axes. When you press the Motor on button, does it come with 24V? Check it out.

Think before you talk, Read it before you think about it.

Fran Lebowitz.

Advertising from our partners