StopMove \Quick

• I use stopmove \ Quick in a trap routine to stop a motion when a sensor is activated.
    This works, but I expected the decceleration distance to be smaller.
    Is this method (stopmove\quick) the fasted way to stop a motion?
    Is it dependant on the set acceleration at the moment that the stopmove is executed, or
    does it always use the maximum possible acceleration-decceleration?

• Is this something that you want to happen every cycle? Like you are doing a search, the norm. Or is it something that only happens sometimes? Not normal. Depending on the answers to those questions maybe a search is appropriate. Otherwise, I see nothing faster than the quick optional argument.

• For this situation it only happens occasionally (crashdetection).
    So, I can suppose that with \quick always the maximum decceleration possibity is used (for keeping on path), nomather what settings were effective before (accset) ?

• If a have a motion with reduced acceleration/decceleration, and I want to stop it the fastest way possible (while keeping on path) if an input comes high (only occasionally situation),
    is it then best to put accset 100,100 just before the stopmove\quick instruction so that the stopmove can use the highest decceleration?
    Or does it already use the highest decceleration nomather what accset was present before?

• Hi,

Can someone help me with ABB quick stop and start code, how can I enable quick stop by digital signal during main program execution and can regain same path after start.

Thanks,

Advertising from our partners