Can't move in PTP/LIN in T1

• Hello,
    I have 2 iiwa robots, which communicate with each other with an PLC . This was done by a robotic integrator.

The way in which their HMI is designed means that, when there is the slightest problem, the two robots present must be placed on a HOME point, so that the HMI can authorize the resumption of operations.

In case of stop several solutions are possible:
    1. Most favorable case: the robot is in a "known" position and the HMI is able to send it back to the HOME point.

2. Unfavorable (and most common) case: The robot is in an unknown position, and the HMI is not able to send it back to HOME.
    a. The robot must then be switched to T1 on the smart pad, and returned to PTP or LIN on the HOME point manually, taking care to avoid collisions with the environment.
    b. Even worse case, and this is the subject of my message: in T1 (PTP or LIN mode), the robot refuses to move to the requested point (HOME or whatever the point), the only solution is to really bring back manually by moving it in X, Y, Z, A, B, C to the coordinates of the HOME point. Yet the speeds are not zero on the speed sliders of the smartpad.

This occur randomly, on the 2 robots of this cell. And this has never happened on another iiwa on which I do my development tests, nor on 2 iiwa of another cell integrated by another company.

I deduce that it must come from the configuration of these 2 robots, or from the PLC that sends a command that must prevent LIN and PTP movements even in T1 manual mode. Is there a way to override the commands sent by a PLC to force a manual PTP movement being in T1 mode? Or reset the robot motion controller to unlock this bug?

Because when this situation this product, it is as if there was an override of the global speed of the robot to 0: when I press the dead man and the button "play" to launch the movement PTP (or LIN ) towards the point, I hear the brakes of the robot unlock (the noise that the robot makes before making a move), but the robot does not move, despite once again, that the robot is in T1 and the sliders speed is 100%.

The integrator does not understand where the problem comes from, and I still have no news from Kuka support.

Do you have any ideas? Or suggestions?

Thank you in advance for any help ! :smiling_face:

• Hello arthur_delafin,

Short Question: Did you try to press the start button a second time?

Notion: The first time you press the start button, the Robot moves to "BCO" - which means it runs to a positon, where it left the programmed trajectory.
    The second time, you press the start button, it then continues to travel along the programmed path.

DrG

• Hello,
    Pressing the "play" button would be useful, I think, if it was a robot program.
    But here I have no robot program launched. I'm just trying to move PTP in T1 to a point in the robot's learned point list. But the robot does not move.

Arthur

Advertising from our partners