smartPAD failed to detect HMI on KRC4 compact (solved)

• Dear all, I am doing my graduation project at the university on KUKA KR6 with KRC4 compact.

I am facing a problem finding HMI from the smartPAD. The robot was connected to external monitor (as mentioned in the forum)
    and the HMI is working on the monitor with all setups and projects, however, the smartPAD cannot find HMI.
    the smartPAD was disconnected and reconneced again with the same problem. It asks to turn the key, then waiting, and it is stuck there.
    moreover, RDP settings IP is 172.17.0.1 (which is I don not think it is the correct one), when I enter the password and press ok it starts
    to search for few moments then it says no HMI.

please note that the three indicators at the top on the samrtPAD are green (no IP, safety or robot errors).

the attached pictures may help.

thanks in advance :smiling_face:

• What IP do you have fo your KLI in Start-Up - Network Configuration? If you have there an address from subnets 192.168.0.*, 172.16.*.* or 172.17.*.* you may have troubles, because they are used internally by robot and using it for KLI can make a mess.

IP Address on SmartPad is right.

• Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think you can have the Monitor and smartPAD active at the same time. I think it is one or the other.

• Update!
    I got signal from the smartpad to HMI on the monitor when I press the button at the back of SP, and the axis are active and I can here the sound of the signal (like it was before). But the robot doesn’t move.

• while holding enabling switch, you will see that "I" turns green on the top of the screen. this means drives are enabled. at the same time labels next to jog keys light up green as well (right side, labels A1, A2, ... A6). While drives are enabled you can play with jog keys and robot will move (your robot is already in T1 mode).
    message you see on top of screen is about IO connection to X44. most likely you did not wire X55 correctly so IO's are not powered. This will not prevent you from moving robot in T1 but you do need to address it.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Dear panic mode, I tried to press the enable key from SP and press the jogging buttons on the monitor the robot was actuated but it did not move. Should the jogging done from the SP itself?
    Should I check X55 connection again? Everything was working fine before the KRC IP has been changed.

• [size=2]clear as mud... can you please explain how is that different from what you have now? what do you mean... exactly? be specific and explain what exactly you want to do and what is not working.[/size]

[size=2]you original post was about not being able to use smartPad. this is clearly resolved as proven by your images.[/size]

[size=2]Then you said robot cannot move,[/size][size=2] but images [/size][size=small]show smartPad with drives enabled, so should be ready to move. can you move it or not? Using smartPad...![/size]
    [size=small][/size]

[size=small]the only message shown is about IOs on KEB not communicating. this is on EtherCat and has nothing to do with IP changes. don't recall from top of my head but in general faulty IO will prevent operation in auto (AUT or EXT). in which mode you plan on running robot? do, s your controller have any IO? more specifically does it have X12 interface or anything connected to KEB? if answer is yes, and you plan on using the IO, better make sure that it is configured and powered correctly. if not, you can remove KEB from your WoV project and this message will go away.[/size]
    [size=small][/size]

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• thank you for sharing resolution. yes modifying network settings on KRC4 can get you in trouble if not done correctly. this is why it is mentioned as a pitfall in pinned READ FIRST. same goes for making backup (not just archive but also entire HDD) even before starting any commissioning tasks. you may not always be this lucky or even if there is an image on hidden partition, it may be for something else (wrong version, different configuration etc.)

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners