XRC MOTOMAN Backup

• Hello, I am new to this forum and to robotics as a whole. I work as an electromechanic and has recently got the job as robot mechanic. Neither my mentor nor our technician knows how to "take a backup" on the MOTOMAN XRC robot portals that we have in our factory. I saw a informative video on youtube how to do a backup but the robots interface is locked to operation mode only. I don't know how to unlock it. I went into maintanence mode but have only one option, whilst on the video there were three. I'd appriciate any help in my quest of learning this stuff out. I apologize for any wrongings such as not in the right section and language errors, English is not my first language. Thank you.

Kind regards.

//Tor

• You can back up in any security level. You may have options. If you have the FDE for Windows software you could use it. The surefire way is to use a compact flash card with a PCMCIA adaptor. The downside is the compact flash has to be small, 16 Meg or 32 Meg, not Gig.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Well according to this, it is hard to find in these days PC CARD of 16 or 32mb size. I was trying 512mb - no use... ( More than that, XRC goes with error 3080 on any operation with card inserted ( i'm using Transcend 512mb)). By the way, is there passibility to format it with XRC controller? Or it must be done on PC? Or maybe there is no other way than finding this ultra rare 32mb card?

25/8

• You couldn't format CF card in PC, only way is use other controller (dx100) and use its windows for format the CF card.

I use before with 128mb for xrc controller but i don't know how is with 512 mb. Maybe it couldn't work.

• Hello,

I have a problem with CF card and only way i checked was DX200 controller. I format my CF card via windows CE in the DX200 controller and after that i format it on the XRC controller.

I couldnt find other way.

• I ended up finding an old laptop and booting win98 on a usb stick. The software recovery mentioned on another post seemed to do the trick to some 32mb cards we grabbed from california pc. Not just to reload the files! Thanks for the help

• Well, in my case, after one more series of endless manual reading, i found out recommendations for CF. It is described in Yaskawa's Automatic Backup Function Instruction Manual for XRC

But when i started to search for described types.... well...

So finally I end up with Sandisk SDCFBI-64-201-80. Genuine one works perfect.

• Well, in my case, after one more series of endless manual reading, i found out recommendations for CF. It is described in Yaskawa's Automatic Backup Function Instruction Manual for XRC

But when i started to search for described types.... well...

So finally I end up with Sandisk SDCFBI-64-201-80. Genuine one works perfect.

Hello LordEgra,

I'm having the same issue, can you please inform where did you buy your card?

Thanks

• Fergunson Souza

Buy them from California PC is the fastest. They specialize in custom cards of the type needed for this old robot model. I tried several cards from old camera shops etc. The overriding principal in whether it will work or not was if you formated the card using windows 98. That is the key for sure. I used small cards and larger cards as mentioned on this forum but had no luck until I ran the format on win 98. No problem to transfer files using windows 10 just don't reformat your card.

• Yea they dont have any of the Sandisk OEM ones if I recall. They make custom cards that match the makeup and format of the Sandisk ones though. That looks like the right one, but I'd have to have the sandisk and their spec sheet to be sure. That gets complex real quick when looking at how sandisk created their cards. I have one on my desk that is california pc model (FCFI-32MB-3132-SD) I would get something like that, but I think the only diff is temperature ratings etc. Good luck!

• Hello guys,

After some weeks trying different solutions I finally found an used Sandisk SDCFB-32MB to buy,

At first it not worked but them I used the card Images from a site called ACG Automation and restored them on my card with Vaiosoft Recovery and worked well! :smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

For anyone having the same troubles here are the links for download:
    16MB working Image(ACG website provide more images but only this one worked for me): https://www.4shared.com/file/BbDUbm6Riq/16MB.html
    Vaiosoftware download: http://www.acgautomation.com/d…ds/CompactFlashFormat.zip
    ACG Automation Website: http://www.acgautomation.com/dowmloads4.htm

• Fergunson Souza the image link is no longer working. Is there a possibility you could please email it to me as I am not having any luck. howard@itrpacific.com.au

Much appreciated

Howard

• All CF cards look the same, only it says 16mb on the outside.

By "image" he means the exact copy of that cards internal file allocation system file system and not actually the physical appearance of the outside of the CF Card. I too am chasing the image file of a card that works.

Advertising from our partners