Kuka KR8 ARC, mapping singals.

• Hello,
    I have robot KUKA KR8 ARC + positioner KP3-V2H and welder Fronius TransTig 2500 with communicaton on EtherCat. I received Beckhoff module (BK1120 + KL6021) and connect to X44 (cabinet kuka). KSS 8.3, ARC TECH BASIC V1.5.6.

Below (sygnały.png) you got singal from XML and pdf signal from Fronius welder. I need help with mapping this in Workvisual.

Thx for help.

• Make group of 16 outputs and then map this to first 16 bit input of the welder. Then make 12 x group of 8 robot outputs and map them 12 x to 8 bit input of the welder.

Repeat the same for the robot input / welder outputs.

Then configure Arctech I/O signals.

• 1. establish functional fieldbus connection with I/O fully mapped. you can confirm that this is ok by deploying project to controller and seeing no communication errors on any device (KRC, Welder). also manually toggling robot outputs, WILL get some response from welder. if your welder does not have a fieldbus interface, you will need to use physical IO and wiring as an interface. it is still the same thing - toggling outputs in smartPad must be able to drive outputs on your IO. connecting signals to inputs of the IO block must be seen on the smartPad in IO monitor.
    2. AFTER above step is complete, you need to configure interface in welder configuration

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• You should have input/output signal table for your Fronius and used interface. Without that you can't set required i/o's manually.

If the bus connection is working between the robot and controller you should allready see "power source ready" input when the power source is switched on. That input is somewhere in range 1-15 if your welder inputs are mapped to start from number 1 for example.

You can learn minimum required ArcTech signal configuration by checking some other ready made Fronius power source ArcTech configurations.

Advertising from our partners