Fanuc Core Software Update

• Hello

I am working on a R2000ib 125L robot with R30iA controller.

I got a new core software with options from fanuc. I extracted the core to a CF card. can anyone tell me how to load the new core software into the controller?

thanks

• thanks SHIFT_Lock for the reply. this is however not what i need. With some options fanuc doesn't send you a PAC code, like in my case they sent me a new "core software" which looks exactly like the original that came on the original CF card.

but i need to know how to upload this new core software. (I've done it once before, but can't seem to figure it out now.)

• -Press F1 + F5 keys
    -Turn the controller on (keeping presing the keys)
    -Select All Software installation (the MC must be already inserted)
    -Confirm the actions requested with YES
    -Select the Correct personality
    -The software installation will start

• Thanks rafahil thats exactly what I wanted.

would you happen to know the best way to get my programs and setting back after the update? I did take an image and an all of the above backup just before...

• thanks SHIFT_Lock for the reply. this is however not what i need. With some options fanuc doesn't send you a PAC code, like in my case they sent me a new "core software" which looks exactly like the original that came on the original CF card.

but i need to know how to upload this new core software. (I've done it once before, but can't seem to figure it out now.)

Ahh ok. Well it looks like someone else was able to help you with what you needed so at least you're on your way now!

"I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio."

• thanks guys for the help. :merci:

in case anyone is interested in the future, the quickest way to get your programs and settings back is restore your "all of the above" backup in controlled start. (restoring back an image will remove the options that you just installed)

Advertising from our partners