Help with Safe Operation and external axis.

• Hello,
    i have Kuka KR6 R1820 ARC and KP3V2H250 positioner. My task is to set the security in such a way:
    when the operator is in the barrier, axis E1 and E2 (or E3, what is depending on which axis operator put the detail on) can't move, but robot can welding on opposite axis. How can i do this with using safe.operation?

• KSS version? SafeOp Version?

What is a KP3V2H250? Google comes up with nothing. What is the kinematic setup? Are you using kinematic integration? Are the E axes synchronous or asynchronous?

Probably you will need to assign E1-E3 to axis groups, and have your external safety PLC or barrier device enable/disable different axis groups based on the position of the external positioner, using the SBH inputs for the axis groups. Hm... probably also need an external sensor to detect the positioner's location.

• Sorry for not enough information.
    KRC 4, KSS version 8.3, KP3-V2H-250 is a 3 axis positioner.
    Safe.Op version 3.5

The stand is for welding steel. we want the operator to put a detail on the prepared tool, then confirm it with a button and the table rotates 180 degrees. While the robot is welding the detail, the operator can break the safety barrier and prepare another part for welding. After leaving the barrier, he confirms with the button, the table returns by 180 degrees and the cycle repeats itself.
    Depending on which part of table robot is currently working(on E2 or E3), it should can rotate, but the part when the operator assumes a detail - it can't rotate

• What is the positioner? Some sort of T shape, with E2 and E3 riding atop E1?

I think what I suggested before is probably the only way to do this. Assign E1, E2, and E3 each to a separate safety axis group (or possibly make E1 a member of both E2 and E3's groups), and have your safety PLC control which group is enabled or disabled based on E1's position. But since you can't simply read E1's position to the Safety PLC, you'll probably have to add some safety-rated sensors to detect which position E1 is in, and logically AND that with the barrier sensor.

• KUKA.SafeSingleBreak option (included in full Safe Operation option) is suitable for that.

We have done many of this kind of systems using safety sensors to detect which side of the positioners is on the robot side. Then safety PLC selects group where is told which axis can move (E1 and E2 or E1 and E3).

When operator has activated light curtain then all axis can move and 180 axis turn with E1 can be done.

We haven't yet got solution from KUKA that how it's possible to get rid of those safety sensor and use SafeOperation to detect side of the positioner on the robot.

KUKA KP3-V2H positioner:
    https://www.kuka.com/en-de/pro…phery/positioners/kp3-v2h

Edited once, last by tbex ().

• What is the positioner? Some sort of T shape, with E2 and E3 riding atop E1?

Sure KP3-V2h-250 is T shped and E2 and E3 axis riding on E1.

KUKA.SafeSingleBreak option (included in full Safe Operation option) is suitable for that.

We have done many of this kind of systems using safety sensors to detect which side of the positioners is on the robot side. Then safety PLC selects group where is told which axis can move (E1 and E2 or E1 and E3).

When operator has activated light curtain then all axis can move and 180 axis turn with E1 can be done.

DO yu have any PDF or something documentation about Kuka.SafeSingleBrake ? (how to set it), i have PDF about SafeOperation from Kuka Collage but there is only one information like "there is Kuka.SafeSingleBreake" and nothing else ;/

Maye i will add to my electric installation position sensors like SkyeFire said, and find a good solution to connect it with X13 and brake E1 with E2 or E1 with E3. Now i don't have external Safety PLC.

• I wasn't able to attach manual to my reply.

Please send your e-mail by private message and I'll send KUKA.SafeSingleBrake 1.0 manual to you.

Advertising from our partners