Floating Robtarget

• IRB-6600/S4C-Plus. New Robot programmer here. Is it possible to have a robtarget that is floating, or the last position used? I need to run a subroutine multiple times in a routine but in different positions. just using an offset command is what I want to use but I have to enter a position, so if I could just have the offset start position just be the last position it moved to, it would simplify my life a little. the subroutine is basically just a little J shaped move but it makes for a lot of lines in the routine if I have to do it over and over. or can I switch the subroutine to incremental. does anybody have a simpler way

ABB IRB-6600-175/2.8, S4C-Plus M2000

• Are you looking for something more involved than the CPos function?

Here is a routine that draws (cuts) an X by Y mm slot.

It is called:

Code
    MoveL pRF, vAirSlow, fine, t_Nozzle\WObj:=woFront;
    		!Right Front
    		rSlotXY -9, 16;
    		MoveL pLF, vAirSlow, fine, t_Nozzle\WObj:=woFront;
    		!Left Front
    		rSlotXY 8, -16;

Edited once, last by Iowan ().

• I made my start position for the offset a variable P1 and then added an P1=? command before each subroutine and that worked too But "Plast" would have been easier. Thanks Now for the next program I need to dump something in the subroutine. because I'm really only carrying something on a forklift type of tool, no grabber or gripper. Since the offset command only has x,y,z offsets, Which of the other functions does one use for changing the angle of the tool? I'm assuming it's the RelTool function, but I've spent hours going through the manual and can't find instructions on what it means.

ABB IRB-6600-175/2.8, S4C-Plus M2000

Advertising from our partners