Pansonic robot runs like crap

• Hey need some help. I have a Panasonic vr-008AU 2, that runs with a lincoln wire feeder. So this thing hardly ever produces good welds. Main issues are
    1. Becomes un-calibrated, and we lack the calibration equipment. The local business we bought it from is dead, and im not sure if we can get calibration equipment off the internet.
    2. It pops while welding a lot. I replaced liner and also made sure wire feeder is running smooth. Ive adjusted voltage and wire speed, dozens of times. Also spent time, trying different contact tip lengths. Nothing has worked well. I almost think it is a grounding problem. I dont know anything about how it is grounded.

Any advice is helpful. Is there anybody that works on these things, that I can hire? I live in central Kentucky. Thanks

• INS Robotics in Dayton Ohio is the only place in the US that I know of that does any repairs or that can help you. Great guys. Give them a call and see if they can help you (888) 293-5325

• I'm not sure if it is on this model or not, but I know some of these had issues where the wires go into the back of the feeder. I think this was more of a Miller problem, but they changed that harness to a 90 instead of a straight connector, as the straight one was pulling all the time and the straight connector caused more strain on the pins inside the connector as the robot moved. I've personally experienced that problem before. That still doesn't fix your calibration problem, but may be something to look at for your welding issues.

Advertising from our partners