Robot Studio

• I'm considering getting robot studio so that I can offline program a robot instead of having to use a teach pendant but I don't have much experience with the software and so want to get familiar with it before I buy. I wanted to load a basic program from robot studio onto my robot to see it run in real life. How would I go about to do this.

• RS is free for 30 days as a trial, you can download it from ABB's website.

Next, create a system from a backup. (File, new, solution with controller >> create from backup (make sure you have any mediapool's required installed first).

• In my opinion, you don't need a licence active to write program and load/save it to/from a robot. You need it if you want to make simulation

• I saved a backup of a program and then tried to create a new solution from backup but the create is greyed out which means im clearly doing something wrong. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong. When I go into system builder and try to create from backup I am not sure the folders to select for media pool or backup folder.

• If your backup is a backup of S4C or S4C+, you can't create a solution from a backup, you need a IRC5 backup. But you can create an empty solution, and then, select your robot and load modules

• I just got a hold of ABB and they said that Robot studio is designed to work with the newer generation of robots (IRC5) and that it does not work with the older S4C controller and that it is no longer supported. Im wondering can ABB not offer support because how old the controller is but is there a way to still get the S4C to work with Robot studio or a similar program to allow me to offline program.

• You can offline program. Save your changes and then, load it in your robot by the floppy/usb port.
    ABB doesn't need to be program in RS, you can write it in a .txt editor

The advantage of RS with an IRC5 is that you can connect your computer to the robot by ethernet cable and directly write on the robot.

Advertising from our partners