VisionTech live image

• Hi

KR 90 R2700 pro
    KRC4 - 8.3.37
    VisionTech 3.1.3

Working on my first VisonTech project that includes locating part whit Kukas MXG20 camera.

Is it possibly to get an live image from the camera to workvisual toolblock editor on my laptop?
    Normally when working and debugging with Cognex In-sight and Omron cameras I use live image feed to my computer so I can easily change camera tool parameters.

Next question is about the Kuka camera tools that comes with VisonTech package. What different make it if I use kukas patmax tool (PmAlign) or the regular patmaxtool (CogPMAlignTool)?

I haven't yet started VisonPro on robot controller but I'm planning to make the toolblocks for my application on it, if I can't get an live image feed to my work laptop.

-zicki

• VisionPro is... not my favorite Cognex product. And KUKA VisionTech for KSS 8.x is simply VisionPro with a KUKA label on it (and used through WorkVisual).

My biggest gripe with VP is exactly what you describe -- no apparent way of getting feedback images. I'm told that there is a tool you can add to VisionPro, and have it show up in the "VisionPro Tools" menu, that will save every image to a location on the hard drive. But I've never used it myself. I think you may have to get it from Cognex support, although KUKA support might also be able to provide it.

One drawback it has, though, it that there's no "cleanup" -- the saved images will keep piling up until someone deletes them manually, or the hard drive fills up (at which point VP would probably stop working). So it might make a good debugging tool, but not something to leave running indefinitely in production.

• Thanks SkyeFire for your answer.

What about the camera tools? I connected external monitor screen/mouse and keyboard to KRC4 and started up VisionPro on the robot controller. Noticed that there isn't any "kuka tools" available on that version?!?! VisionPro on my work computer on other hand had the "Kuka tools". So I guess that they are installed during visionTech or workvisual installation??

So my question is, can I make the application on VisionPro using tools supplied from cognex instead of the "Kuka tools"? If yes, I could make, test and save the tool blocks directly on robot controller. And then just reload them to the right camera task.

zicki

• don't recall details but it is possible to get live image in VisionPro. I don't recall details though, it's been a while...
    you can use any tool you like (and make own) as long as output format fits Kuka.
    VisionPro runs C# scripts so you can extend functionality any way you like, including renaming or deleting images, sorting results when multiple objects are found, add other results like score etc.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners