SRVO -050 Collision Detect Alarm Help

• Hello,

I have an arcmate 100iB with RJ3iB controller and the robot will randomly fault out and display SRVO-50 Collision Detect Alarm on axis 6 while jogging the robot axis 6 only (all other joints are fine). If I run through a continuous program, it seems to have no problems in auto. Any ideas? Thanks!

• Does your eoat turn with axis 6? I sometimes see this when a bearing fails in my gripper and there is too much friction at low jog speeds.

The other thing that comes to mind is that your brake may be sticking after the momentary power loss when you turn the pendant on.

• I would check your cable to axis 6 for pinches or rips too. The speed of the robot may be a clue here as the slower it moves (while jogging) gives it more time to short out. Worth a shot.

"I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio."

• The cables seem to look just fine, and the tooling is secure on the face plate of the robot. I've read that it may be possible to lower the collision detect setting while jogging only. Any ideas on where to find these parameters?

• I'm not sure about a variable that will do this for jogging only but to adjust your collision sensitivity go to Menu>Setup>Coll Guard. I believe this can be set from 0-200 the higher the number the more sensitive it is. But tread lightly as if you lower this and the robot hits an obstruction it can do some serious damage.

*Edit* I still feel like you have a bad cable/connection or failing component on axis 6.

"I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio."

Edited once, last by SHIFT_Lock ().

Advertising from our partners