Fanuc - PLC communication

• Hi guys,
    I'm an amatour in robots programming, because I don't have many chances to work with it at my university, but:
    We have a fanuc robot, and Siemens PLC with HMI panel, and I was wondering if it is possible to controll robot moves from HMI panel buttons and send informations about current position from robot to PLC. We don't have any software for the robot like roboguide so I can only use teach pendant.
    If you know if it is possible, and know how to solve this I would be grateful for your help.
    :help:

• 'control robot moves' can mean a lot of things, do you mean:
    1. Jogging the robot
    2. Select a predefined position and move the robot to that position
    3. Use calculations based on inserted values on hmi and move to the calculated position...

• You want to jog ther robot from the PLC/HMI?
    If so, write a couple of macros for each axis and direction and use DIs to call these macros.

For example, a macro for moving J1 in + could look like this:

Code
    PR[1] = JPOS
    PR[1,1] = PR[1,1] + 1
    J PR[1] 100% CNT100

Then, in Macro Setup, assign a DI to this macro. Assuming that all conditions for running a motion macro are satisfied, the macro will be executed as long as the DI is ON, which will result in jogging the robot by 1 deg. with each iteration.

Repeat this for all axes and directions, possibly both for joint and linear motion (which will differ by JPOS/LPOS and motion type).

• Sorry for not specifying the movement.
    I would like to create 12 buttons on my HMI similar to these on teach pendant and use it in the same way as on TP World mode and show the current position on HMI.

• Ok, thanks for your help guys, but there is a little problem.
    Firstly, can I show the current position on the HMI panel, and if yes - how can I do this?
    We have only 6 DI available so if I understand you correctly I'm able to do movement only in 3 axes, so - is there any other way to achieve this movement control with only 6 DI?

• In the I/O menu we have range 109-120 DI and DO assigned to rack 34 so as I guess - they are flags
    Except that we have also 81-88 DI/DO assigned to rack 48 - address mapped I/O for LR Mate Peripheral connectors
    HMI panel - Simatic TP700 comfort

Advertising from our partners