I/O PROBLEMS

• Hello

I have problems with I/O at the moment i wanna set them HIGH by programming, and i also dont have the knowledge about how they work and how can i now what I/O correspond to what physically, for example the only output that i know with certainty its OUTPUT 63 that corresponds to the Wire feeder, but the main problem its that i know this because when i press OUTPUT and + key at the same time on the TeachPendand Wire starts going out but then i try to make it by program for example this way...

NOP
    DOUT#63 1
    TIMER=10Seg
    DOUT#63 0
    END

As far as i know and understand by doing that wire should start going out isnt it? but at the moment i play it, it doesnt read or do those conditions it only does the timmer condition and then ends, like it jumps them. Do anyone knows a reason for this? Not sure if im programming it wrong or what...

Second question:
    How does ARCON works? I mean it only let current flows or does it put the wire to flow too?

All help its appreciated, Thanks in advanced

• If the wire feeds manually (in Teach mode) when the output is high, it is possible that there is something in the CIO ladder that prevents this when in auto....

Also, ARCON sends the welding controller the signal to initiate the welding arc, if you are only using AWELD/VWELD then ARCON it sounds like the weld controller is controlling everything else in the welding process (gas, wire). AWELD and VWELD tell the welding controller what parameters are required from the wire feeding unit and the power source for welding.

What welding equipment are you using, and what interface for communication between robot and welding (ie. SKS, Fronius, Miller...)?

• OOOhh ok ok, I understand now how this works, im gonna try with it, Im using a HOBARD MEGA-MIG 450 RVS

Does wire needs to be touching the piece to be weld at the moment that ARCON comes on, i mean what happends if it isnt touching the piece at that moment? Should it only feed more wire or give an error on arc confirm?

Thanks for your help, ill wait for your answer

• Does wire needs to be touching the piece to be weld at the moment that ARCON comes on, i mean what happends if it isnt touching the piece at that moment? Should it only feed more wire or give an error on arc confirm?

Hi, about that - wire shouldn't touch piece before you turn ARCON - it may cause arc failure error - arc welding depends on "arc" so distance on start point of joint between piece and end of wire has to exist. From my experience distance between contact tip and piece usually is around 15-20mm - that gives you quite good arc and enough gas amount on joint.
    ARCON instruction in normal conditions turn on simultaneously ARC, feeder and gas.

Summarizing - welding process may looks like that :
    1. Robot is in start position of joint - distance between contact tip and joint is around 15-20mm
    2. Turn on ARCON( arc, feeder,gas) - (when wire moves closer to piece, arc should start burning - that's why during ARCON instruction wire is feed continuous - gas is for protection and quality of welding)
    3. Move to end position and turn ARCOFF

Hope it helps. Don't hesitate to ask more.
    Cheers.

Edited once, last by msklorz ().

• Yeah man, thank you very much, it helped me a lot! I didnt understand how it works but i do now, i made the robot weld, i guess it wasnt the best way cause the thing was the relay that activates the wire feeder motor wasnt getting active but electrovalve does, so i just jumped their coils and now when ARCON activates the electrovalve it activates the motor too XD

I think i cant control the current and voltage with AWELD and VWELD because of it(havent try it) but it doesnt matter since im gonna weld always with same current i just adjust it on the welding machine with the current control on local position :grinning_squinting_face:

I know it isnt the right way to do it but it works XD

Thanks for your time and help :top: :top:

Advertising from our partners