K6SB PROBLEM,,, ALARM 2020 MISSING ARC GENERATION CONFIRM

• Hello!

Ive been working with a k6sb, i already fixed lots of alarms and errors, learned tons of new thing but now i have a problem with it, i wanna start welding with it, i do all movements with it and its fine but at the moment it should start welding it wont make it and wire wont go out and it gives an alarm 2020 MISSING ARC GENERAION CONFIRM i would apprettiate some help to fix it and make it weld.

I do this at the program to weld...
    NOP
    MOVJ....
    MOVJ....
    AWELD 3.16
    VWELD3.16
    ARCON
    MOVJ .....
    Timmer....
    ARCOF
    END

Thanks for your help and time, greetings. I hope someone can help me :grinning_squinting_face:

• Hello,
    Does your wire touch the workpiece when you want to establish the arc? (ARCON)
    What kind of welding machine do you work with? The AWELD and VWELD settings seem strange to me...do you suppose to have the same values for both?

Edit: does your wire feed properly? Does it work when you push the feed button?

• It wasnt doing contact with the piece, im working with a HOBART MEGA-MIG450 rvs, i put the robot making contact with the piece, turned on the machine but with voltage local control and it welded, like for half a second...

I tryied pressing OUTPUT+ON on the teach pendandt output 63 and wire comes out, so wire feeder works fine, the thing is that i cannot make it work on remote and i cannot make wire walk when programming, i tryied with DOUT#63 1 on the program then ARCON but it doesnt work, program jumps that instruction, im not sure if wire should walk alone only with ARCON, ARCOF, VWELD, AWELD instructions or if i need to set high the wire and gas outputs too on the program.

Again if i need to set them high then low when needed it doesnt work :icon_frown: Electro valve turns on when ARCON instruction is active then alarm pops out and it stops, but wire relay never gets active unless i do it with teach pendant.

I would use some help please, im not sure if im programming it the wrong way.

Thanks for your help and time.

• When you tell a robot to "arc on" it will sit and wait for the arc established signal from the welder. If you don't get this signal within a time you will get an alarm (in this case 2020, missing arc generation confirm).

With this being an ERC controller and a Mega Mig welder you will have one of two interfaceses between them. The first is a big box called a Megacon controller. the second is mounted inside the controller called a PWF feeder. With either of these two units you could have a burnt trace on a board, bad connection, bad output from the welder or the input in the robot could be bad. There are no more parts for this robot, interface or welder. Long and short of it, you are banging your head against a rock.

Robodoc

• Yeah thank you man, it helped me, the problem was that wire wasnt comming out because wire feeder motor wasnt getting active when ARCON, so i just jumped the coil of the relays that activates the electrovalve, so now arc, wire and gas work at the same time, and it welds now :grinning_squinting_face:

It isnt the right way to do it but it works, it is too old so i guess i must be satisfied that it still works XD

Thanks for time and support man :grinning_squinting_face:

Advertising from our partners