S4: Reset outputs when not running?

• Hi!

I was wondering if one could setup one or more digital outputs from the robot system to always be de-energized when for instance an error och alarm occur?
    I have a customer that has a robot that sprays glue for 7 seconds on to products prior to palletizing them, as a way to create a soft cushion between the prodcuts (the glue turns into something similar to Spider-Mans webs when the glue-noztrils start spraying). And sometimes the robot collides or has another event that causes an error or alarm that stops the robot. If this happens before the 7 seconds have passed, the glue just keeps on squirting.
    Can you somehow condition the output so that it will not remain set if the robot is stopped (no matter why the robot stopped)?

• i have an event routine that occurs when the robot is stopped. The moment an operator presses the autostop to open the cell all the digital outputs turn off.

• i have an event routine that occurs when the robot is stopped. The moment an operator presses the autostop to open the cell all the digital outputs turn off.

Does this work regardless of the reason that the robot stopped? (E.g. collision, execution error, Emergency Stop, "controlled" production stop, switching from auto to manual mode etc.)
    I have only worked with event routines and system signals on IRC5s, so I don't really know how much of that is available in S4/C/+.

• It does work with any kind of stop because there is two events Qstop and Stop. What i did was i went ahead and made my routine in the user module and put the routine for both of these and it will reset the outputs whenever the robot is stopped.

Advertising from our partners