Fanuc LR Mate 200id 4s changing user frames in existing programs

• I have set up a program in a user and tool frame to run on a part and everything is correct. I have other user and tool frames set up and saved. I have copied my running program to other programs with different names and want to change the user and tool frames without overwriting the running program. What is the best way to change the user and tool frames to stored ones without reteaching the entire program? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

• I'm not sure if you can do this with a Point. You may have to use a Position Register.
    use a PR to store the frame. Then change it to the frame you need.
    I do this for my EOAT camera. I want get closer to small parts.
    Using UTool 1 for the program
    Make PR10=UTool that you want or you can use a separate PR for each UTool.
    Then UTool 1 = PR10 or PR11 or PR whatever.

As for the User Frames as long as the position inside of those frames are exact you can do the same thing.

• You can use the program utilities (MENU->1) to change the entire program's utool or uframe assignment. You can also have all the points stay in space relative to the base, or follow the new uframe, depending on settings.

If you want the points to follow the base, you could also take the program offline and manually change all the utool and uframe assignments in the .ls file.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• Each of my 50+ parts has it's own user frame. Each program starts with the following code; the UFrame info for that part is stored in P[1]:

JMP LBL[1] ;
    L P[1:UFrame] 1mm/sec FINE ;
    LBL[1] ;
    PR[8:UFrame Buffer] = P[1:UFrame]
    UFRAME[1]=PR[8:UFrame Buffer]

• Following, we 10+ robots with 100's of programs and no UFrames set up. So when a robot breaks down and repaired, the programs all have to be retouched line by line since there is no UFrame set up. If we can add UFrames and update them offline to include UFrames in the program this would be huge for us!

• Following, we 10+ robots with 100's of programs and no UFrames set up. So when a robot breaks down and repaired, the programs all have to be retouched line by line since there is no UFrame set up. If we can add UFrames and update them offline to include UFrames in the program this would be huge for us!

This is quite trivial to do with the UFRAME OFFSET utility in the utilities menu. I recommend you experiment with it.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• Thanks, everyone! I should mention that I am new to robot programming and, in fact, I am in training to learn to program robots. I will see if I can apply the help that has been given. Anything to make this training as simple as possible is greatly appreciated.

• This is quite trivial to do with the UFRAME OFFSET utility in the utilities menu. I recommend you experiment with it.

By doing this will the points adjust accordingly once the user frame is retaught after maintenance is done on the robot (motor replacement on j2)?

Advertising from our partners