IRVision CVIS-098 error

• The book says that this error is caused by not having issued the SENSOR CONNECT command. I can not find this command anywhere and do not know how to issue it.

R30ib plus

Any help is much appreciated-
    Dan

• Yes, it is IRVison. This is on a new robot. The integrator had the camera working, and then it stopped working. This is the first time the integrator has dealt with this camera and I suspect there is something we don't know to get this going. It said the camera is disconnected. Tried different cables, no help. Fanuc replaced the camera (it was brand new). The new camera worked and then it stopped working. I checked the camera fuse on the board and it is good. I found in the manual that the CVIS-098 error is caused by the camera being disconnected and it says that after physically connecting the camera you have to issue the SENSOR CONNECT command to turn the camera on, and the SENSOR DISCONNECT command to turn it off. I cannot find these commands anywhere in the instruction insert menus, or in any other menus. Is this something that needs to be done with a .cm file maybe? I have never done that.

I appreciate any help on this issue.

-Dan

• I believe the camera disconnect is an extra paid option.

Anyway, is the camera by chance a robot mounted camera that is plugging into the shoulder of the robot (going through the cable internal to the arm), if so that cable or connectors could be bad. What camera type Kowa/CXV, Sony, Basler/GigE?

• It is robot mounted, and plugged into the shoulder. However we did try to plug it directly into the board, with the same results. No sign of power on the camera, and the CVIS-098 alarm. It is a GIGe.

• Did you try rebooting the robot? I forget what camera it was I had on a project about a year ago that didn't like disconnecting & reconnecting with power to it, like with the Sony XC-56. There ended up being a cable issue but even with a new cable you couldn't just plug it in & it would work without a power cycle.

Advertising from our partners