Fanuc M-16iB, continuously monitor analogue input, and drive an digital output

• Hi all,

I completely new to Fanuc and am trying to do a bit of R&D using a surplus Fanuc M-16iB. So far I've taught myself basic programming and can pretty much do what I need to.. however..

My problem is:
    I've mounted an Ultrasonic sensor to the robot, and want to run this sensor over the surface of one of our products, and in the event of the sensor detecting an error - drive a DO to report the error via a sounder or similar - and maybe the pause the robot in the offending position. (it can get more involved and complex after I can prove the concept, but for now - this should be enough)
    The Ultrasonic sensor gives an analogue voltage from 0-10v - which I can wire back to the robot (it has the world's supply of spare I/O of all kinds fortunately)

So - while the robot is in motion, I need to continuously monitor the AI, and at a predetermined threshold drive an output / pause robot.
    eg. IF AI>=5volts, DO [x], pause robot.

Could anyone please point me in the right direction for this? as so far I've only found line-by-line conditional I/O - not continuous.
    I've looked at condition handling / monitor function and also BG Logic - but I feel like there should be a simple solution for this?

Many thanks

Advertising from our partners