Fanuc Intelligent Interference Fixture Question

• Hello all. So the customer I am working with would like me to use the intelligent interference function on three separate controllers to set up fixtures and critical zones. All of the robots have been updated to the exact same version. I've got all three robots communicating with RIPE on their own VLAN, and I have them all calibrated with each other. They can all see each other in the 4D graphics display and the check combinations between all of them are working. My issue is with the fixtures. If I draw in a fixture for one robot, none of the other robots can see it. Is this intended? The manual states that for the check combination setup for this, you can only set the robot's own controller as a host name when doing a combination check with a fixture. So I can't have Robot 2 have a check combination with a fixture on Robot 1 and vice versa. The manual ALSO states that the robots should be able to see each other's fixtures as quoted here:

"The position of a fixture has to refer to the world frame of a robot, so interference check can establish the spatial relationship between the fixture and all robots. Since all robots are calibrated within the cell, even if a fixture uses robot 1 as its reference, Interference Check still can check possible collision between the fixture and robot 2, for example."

But there is ZERO indication for robot 1 that robot 2 is in its fixtures that I set up. If I set up a critical zone box on robot 1, and set up a check combination between robot 1 + hand and that CZ, if robot 2 is in that fixture and I tell robot 1 to move into that same fixture, Robot 1 doesn't care at all that robot 2 is sitting there already, and it will drive into the fixture until it get's close enough to trigger the robot to robot interference check.

What am I doing wrong here? Am I supposed to draw in the same fixture for robot 2 manually and then set up cross connections between the two robots that tell each robot when they are in a zone? If so, doesn't that completely defeat the purpose of IIC doing that work for you? Shouldn't each robot know when the other robot's are in their fixtures without setting up a cross connection IO bit with a PLC? I appreciate any help I can get on this. It's been driving me crazy the last few days haha. Thanks!

Advertising from our partners