[Programming] How to use a variable by it's name (alias)

• Hello,

I am new to programming MotoMan and I am trying to use a variable by it's name (alias).

I have defined input 005's name as 05CLOSEDOOR and this in my code:
    WAIT IN# (5) = ON
    and I want to change this to:
    WAIT IN# (05CLOSEDOOR) = ON
    This way I have more information when reading the code on the console.

I am using Job EditorDX200 1.30 and according to it's manual (HW1482392), this can be done.
    The website doesn't let me attach the manual to this post, but on this link you can find the Job EditorFS manual:
    http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/…1-1CD.pdf?t=1468601845515
    On the pages 36 and 42 you can see what I am trying to do and it's the same explanation on the DX200 manual.
    Even though I am following the instructions I can't make this change.

Any help is much apreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
    Bruno Ramos

• Hello Bruno,
    I'm not sure but when you read a bit further on page 43 i found this:
    (See pic)
    So i'm not really sure if you can change the name of your input.....

• Hello Bruno,
    I'm not sure but when you read a bit further on page 43 i found this:
    (See pic)
    So i'm not really sure if you can change the name of your input.....

Thank you for the quick reply, do you know how can I activate the alias function parameter they speak in this note?

• To check the Language Level, is SETUP, TEACHING CONDITIONS. It's the first option. But it has nothing to do with this. Aliasing is a S2C parameter that you can turn on. I believe that it can also be found in Management Security Level under SETUP. If you go snooping around, you should be able to find it.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Setup
    Function Enable
    I/O Variable Customize Function (Valid)

Does that look correct?

And the Parameter S2C397 is I/O Variable Customize Function?

• Ok, back at work. S2C395=1 is I/O Alias. S2C396=1 is Variable Alias. S2C397=1 is IO Variable Customize List.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

Advertising from our partners