iRvision Error code

• Evening all, first time post on here.

I have a robot which is running 2D iRvision and occasionally on one part I get the error “CVIS-151” - no more offsets available

I’ve looked up the error code and the manual doesn’t give micha insight into a remedy!

I’m not sure if the part is too far out for the vision to pick it up? Just seems strange that it’s only this part that I have the error with, and only very occasionally.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

• Hi Fabian, thanks for the welcome

Yes it has been running ok and continues to run ok apart from this error maybe 2 times a shift on average, most parts pass ok. I have checked the VR values when the fault is present and there are no offsets displayed

If I slightly adjust the position of the part and then retry the vision, then it works ok and the offsets are populated in the VR as normal and the robot continues.

As for the last thing you asked, I’m not sure if a word is missing but are you asking if I can post the section of program when the vision is taken? If so then I won’t be able to do that until I’m back on site on Friday

Thanks

• oooops !!!! forgot the word Print. English is not my mother tongue, that's my excuse :uglyhammer2:

When you say "If I slightly adjust the position of the part an........., Do you mean, the vision did not see the part ? or what ?
    I'm just trying to wrap my head around your situation

Retired but still helping

• Haha ok, now I understand! I will be able to do that but as I said it will not be until Friday.

Yes, that is correct, when monitoring vision runtime, the image appears and is clear but the program has just not found the part. There is a red box around the part, as if the part is outside the search window, yet I only move the part very slightly the result is ok (85-95%)

I’ll try and get some screen shots on here on Friday.

Thanks

• Hi Fabian,

Sorry for my lack of reply here.....unfortunately we have had some problems on site, one of the operators thought it was a good idea to “clean” the camera for this vision process and subsequently moved it :waffen100:

So most of my time has been spent re-doing the whole thing so I haven’t had much chance to get to my actual problem!

Once we are up and running again I will get those images to you

Thanks again

• Hello, I'm receiving a similar error as the OP.

I have a 2D vision process that works most of the time, but occasionally get a vision failed error. Upon reading the Vision Log, it says the Status of the Get_Offset instruction was "CVIS-151 No more vision offsets". There aren't any stored image captures of failed scans, suggested that this is not caused by a failure to recognize the part.

When observing the Runtime screen during a vision failure event, the part is framed by a Red rectangle, yet the RUN_FIND event is labeled as a success. See attached image.

Any ideas?

• Hello,
    My opinion is that iRVision does not recognize the part, it says Found: 0.
    Did you setup iRVision so that is recording failed images? MENU=>iRVision-> Vision Config -> Enable logging and Log Path.
    After that on your vision process you must enable logging for failed images.

Edited once, last by andreic ().

• Hi all

Sorry for the lack of reply on this, but i finally have some images that i can attach to show the problem.

Above you can see that there are multiple attempts to RUN_FIND and GET_OFFSET - each says success afterwards but the run time of the process is excessive and it does not return a result.

I have seen the 'Red Box' around a part before but never with the 'CVIS-151' error, it is only this process which does it.

I will upload more in a following post

Thanks

• As requested, here is the section of .TP which runs the vision process:

The fault is very sparse but when it happens i cannot get it to pass unless i drop the score threshold right down. I have adjusted the mask, the exposure, the DOF Orientation/Scale/Aspect but still occasionally i get the CVIS-151.

I would just like to understand what it is and how it can be fixed.

Many thanks

• Red Box is your search window. You need to save the image when it fails, load that image into Roboguide and check Show almost found.
    If you can attach the failed image and vision process and I will help you or you can also e-mail me.

• Red Box is your search window. You need to save the image when it fails, load that image into Roboguide and check Show almost found.
    If you can attach the failed image and vision process and I will help you or you can also e-mail me.

Hi Andreic, I am getting CVIS-151 No more vision offset on every part we are running on that station. it all started Friday evening and its still happening. we changeover few different models but its still failing.

I did model learning and took like atleast 50 photos each but no luck. Can you please guide me in proper direction, Thanks

• Hi Andreic, I am getting CVIS-151 No more vision offset on every part we are running on that station. it all started Friday evening and its still happening. we changeover few different models but its still failing.

I did model learning and took like atleast 50 photos each but no luck. Can you please guide me in proper direction, Thanks

Hallo there, please kindly check those items below :
    - Check the parameter of your vision like exposure time, set this and try to make your target as clear as you can

- check the score threshold,

- check the angle of your command tools

- if needed, please increase the elasticity and also scale

- if using GPM Locator as your command tool, please teach at the proper place and model (easy to recognize, but can showing the angle and also orientation of the model)

hope it can help

• Thanks!!

Without making any changes it started working fine..

Now again it started. It gives CVIS-151 error?

So I manually jogged the robot to vision identification point and did snap and find in GPM Locator.. looks like it finds the part and both green and yellow boxes are there.

when i go in 3DL Display Command tool and click on Snap and Find it gives a cvis-055 error saying not enough laser points for calculation.. Not sure what to do ..

• For 3DL, basically robot get calculation of the W and P angle from the "X" cross of the laser, if this "X" from of the laser is to small, robot cannot detect and calculate correctly, would you like to adjust the height of your workpiece to the laser camera.

Advertising from our partners