HELP! Setting up a continuous turn axis

• Hi!

I am trying to set up a BIS0,5/5000 Fanuc servo motor as a Continuous turn rotary motor. I want to use it as a spindle and I want it to rotate at 3000 rpm.

No matter how I set things up I cant make it work. I have tried setting it up as a Rotary axis rotating with a maximum speed of 18000 deg/sec. But i only rotates at maybe 50-100 rpm at 100%. A Fanuc technician set the system up a long time ago and when I check the backup files in RoboGuide he set it up like a linear axis. It rotates much faster but after a couple of turns it switches direction swiftly and then switches the direction again.

I am so confused. So, is there a continuous turn expert here who can help me? Do I have to change things in the system parameters as well or is it enough with editing the motor data in controlled start?

Cheers/ Runis86

• I think axis should be configured as rotary axis.
    I know that motor has to be configured as a separate group and mastered.

Do you have option installed? I don't think this option is supported in roboguide.

• If you don't need position control, then I would set it up as a Process Axis. That gives you speed control only, but it it very simple. You don't have to teach points, you just give it the rpm you want and it goes. Perfect for spindles, conveyors, pumps, etc that need precise speed control but you don't care about stopping at an exact angular position.

• In the end we solved the problem but since a couple of weeks have past I haven't much details to give, due to my regular memory loss :icon_neutral:.
    But there were two things that we changed a lot back and forth Before we ended up with a setup that worked.
    The load inertia were to low and Fanuc told us that, for our application we could just put it at max. I Think the value was 5 (0-5).
    The second was that we had to put a gear ratio of 4:1 and instead of using the requested speed of 18000 deg/sec we put 4500 deg/sec (4500*4=18000).
    It was also set up as a rotary axis.

It was tricky and the expert on motors at Fanuc support help us a lot together with their application expert.

• Hi guys am new to continuouse turn in fanuc i have set the cont-turn in my robot ie R-2000iC 210F but the problem is with position of j6. Am loosing the mastering position of j6. Can any one help me settle it down

Advertising from our partners