KUKA roboteam - how to use it

• Hi
    I'am using two kuka robots KR210 R3100 ultra. My purpose is to use robot one (with a specific tool mounted on its flange) in order to load the piece and tranfer it in a specific position in the space (related to a fixed tool in the space). Robot 2 must know where is the piece (controlled by robot 1) in the space to approach it and operate on it.

In my case the piece is not always the same so the position in the space must be send to robot 2 each time.

There is a way to do it? I need to use roboteam? If yes in which way?

Thanks a lot

• Controller generation? KSS version?

RoboTeam might be overkill. RT is really intended for 2-4 robots that need to move together perfectly as if they were a single kinematic system. If this is a simple hand-off between robots, with one robot holding still while the hand-off takes place, then RT is probably not what you need.

With or without RT, the critical factor will be to create a common, shared reference frame between both robots. The simplest way to do this is to do a 3-point Base setup on each robot, using the same 3 points.

Then, you need a method to transfer coordinates from one robot to the other. RT can do this, but you can also do it using FieldBus, EKI, or even serial ports (on KRC2s). The communications method is almost irrelevant, as long as both robots have it and are programmed to use the same reference system and encoding.

Probably the simplest way to make this work would be to have both robots set up with TCPs that would, at the handoff position, have identical locations and orientations. Then simply sending $POS_ACT_MES from the "stationary" robot to the "moving" robot, plus some mathematically-generated approach and depart motions in the moving robot, should be enough to achieve a basic operating capability.

• Thanks for your answare.

The controller il KR C4.

So in your opinion is not useful configure one robot as master and the other as slave? I need to send the robot position to the secondo robot?

How the second robot can know exactly the TCP shapes of first robot?

• what version of KSS and RoboTeam software you have? be specific (and read topic "READ FIRST")
    are versions same on both robots?

do you NEED to have one robot moving while other is tracking it?

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• I am using KSS 8 and RoboTeam 2.0. The robots have the same KSS version.

I need to have the first robot which load the piece on a specific tool and move it to a selected point in the space (referred to a an external tool fixed in the space). Then the second robot must be able to approach the piece holded by robot 1 and scan it with a x-ray machine mounted on the flange (so it must know the shape of the piece moved by robot 1 and its actual position)

I hope that i was clear in my description

• From the sound of it, the Handling robot comes to a stop, and the Scanner robot needs to match the Handling robot's position.

If the task is that simple, RoboTeam is not necessary, although there are components of RoboTeam that can be useful -- the data communication functions, and the Program Cooperation commands, mostly.

If, OTOH, [/b]both[/b] robots need to move in exact physical synchronization, then RoboTeam would be necessary.

Advertising from our partners