WorkVisual IO Configuration failed to export to sunrise project

• Hello All,

I am attempting to configure my IO. I have the etherCat topography of the attached image. I would like to export any changes I have made back to the sunrise workbench project however when I do I get an I/O configuation export failed message (See attached image).

According to Kukas manual: KUKA_SunriseOS_114_SI_en 11.7-"Exporting the I/O configuration to the Sunrise Project" I should have "using native hooks or polling" enabled which I believe it is (see attached image).

However when I attempt to export the IO configuration to the sunrise project I get an I/O Congiuration export failed message. I am very new to Kuka and have not been able to find any related issues online.

Thanks in advanced for your help.

• that is not good enough when working with SunriseOS, you need very specific WoV version.

For V1.14, you MUST use WoV5.0.2.313 and it MUST have a patch installed before use.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• 1. not sure what is confusing about 'you must use correct version'.
    2. it is impossible to offer any help when no information is provided. statement like "WorkVisual that was shipped with the robot crashes on my PC" is completely useless. if you need help, you need to provide details. please read READ FIRST topic.

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Edited once, last by panic mode ().

• Solved so the version shipped with the robot was 5.0.2 however, this version does not work with Windows 10 because it crashes.
    The solution is to create a virtual machine with Win 7 and the WoV 5.0.2 and Kuka Sunrise 1.14.

• With robots running KSS (non-collaborative robots) one may choose WoV rather easily.

When it comes to Sunrise OS, one must use specific WoV version - VERY specific. It is not enough to use SOME 5.0 version. It need to be exact version WoV for YOUR version of SunriseOS so you better check all four version numbers (like 5.0.2.313).

WoV must be installed and configured correctly before use:

1. Make sure it is installed in correct environment (Windows OS). WoV versions after 4.0.27 or so are compatible with Windows10, earlier version are not. As mentioned in documentation, WoV 5.0.2.313 is compatible with Win10, but this version had a bug and need patch applied after installation. both WoV and patch can be obtained from KUKA.

2. Extract WoV installer then move it into a folder with short path. (C:\temp or C:\install)

3. install by running EXE, not MSI

4. after installation apply mentioned patch (instructions are included). Basically replace few files in two folders in WoV installation directory.

5. Before WoV can be used, you must integrate Sunrise.KOP that is in your Sunrise Work Bench. start WoV without anything open, then use menu Extras, Kuka Option Packages...

6. if you are planning to add some I/O or whatever devices, integrate device description files for those devices (for example EK1100, EL1809, EL2809 etc.)

And NOW your WoV is finally ready for use....

If you have a problem, make sure to follow all steps exactly, If asking for help, make sure to post all details:

Exact WinOS version

Exact WoV version

Exact SWB version

Exact options installed

etc.

3) read 1 and 2

• Thank you for your reply.

As you said, the software version was very strict. Especially, WoV was so.

I used the WoV version attached with Sunrise Project. Then it woks fine now. Thank you.

• Hi, if I´m using sunrise workbench v1.16.1.9. Which version of WorkVisual should I need to work?

Working on Windows 10.

Workvisual 6.0.9_build0584

Thanks in advanced.

• not sure, last one i used was SunriseOS 1.16.0 and it needed WoV version 5.0.5.600

i put some of the older WoV versions.... for those that i knew about, i mentioned SunriseOS version

RE: Kuka Downloads (software, cad...)

i would say just check with KUKA... normally WoV is included with each system but if you need it, KUKA will share download link.

3) read 1 and 2

• Hi,

We are trying to initiate our KUKA lbr iiwa 14 R820 on a flexFELLOW 900 standard, and we cannot troubleshoot the following base error for I/O on the smart pad:

<SYS-X44> Error during ECat stack initialization [NetworkResponse() no Network Response]—> Error of Field Buses (FlexFellow)

Fixing the issue with I/O mapping in WorkVisual does not work, because the software does not recognize the created IOConfigartion.wvs file.

Does anyone have a clue?

Attached are further details and snapshots.

PS: We are using WorkVisual 5.0.5 Build0600 for Sunrise.OS 1.17, which is compatible according to the KUKA support line and release notes.

Setup:

KUKA lbr iiwa 14 R820

flexFELLOW 900 Standard

Software installed:

* everything is running on Windows 10

Sunrise Workbench - 1.17.0.5

optional packages:

- Autogenerated language fragments

- KUKA Application Framework

- KUKA Sunrise.AntiVirus

- KUKA Sunrise.Basic Toolbox

- KUKA Sunrise.DataViewer

- KUKA Sunrise.flexFELLOW

- KUKA Sunrise.GripperToolbox

- KUKA Sunrise.HumanRobotCollaboration 1.0

- KUKA Sunrise.OS Language Pack

- KUKA Sunrise.PROFINET® M/S

- Sunrise Workbench

[image01]

WorkVisual V5.0 - Sunrise (5.0.5 Build 0600)

optional package:

- sunrise.kop (Sunrise 1.3.15.0)

[image02]

Error:

<SYS-X44> Error during ECat stack initialization [NetworkResponse() no Network Response]

—> Error of Field Buses (FlexFellow)

[image 03]

Assumed solution for X44 error:

IO mapping of in- and outputs of the in the FlexFellow platform integrated Beckhoff EtherCat EK1100, EL 9188, EL9189, EL1809, EL2809.

Mapping via WorkVisual with installed Sunrise package. Opening the IOConfiguration.wvs file works only with the designated WorkVisual, according to the Sunrise Release note it is WorkVisual 5.0.5 Build0600 for Sunrise.OS 1.17.

[image04]

Software issues:

The in the Sunrise project created IOConfiguration.wvs [image05] cannot be opened in the designated WoV. “The file does not represent a valid project and it cannot be open!” [image06]

(Also if the project get exported, an error occurs: “Resource is out of sync with the file system” [image 07])

To compare, the file can be opened as expected with a different WorkVisual, in this case the latest 6.0 version I/Os can be mapped, but obviously the export to Sunrise fails (not the correct WoV version).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• one thing to keep in mind is that KUKA does not have very broad support for EtherCat. one of limitations is that adding or removing node brings entire bus down including all nodes that were working just fine.

so simply connecting a network cable to some device kills the bus.

so, i would unplug anything that you may have added and reboot to see if at least you get back to working order. then make a backup...

btw if the IOConfiguration.wvs is corrupt, try creating new project and see if IOConfiguration.wvs in that one is fine. if it is ok and project matches original, you can simply swap it ....

3) read 1 and 2

• Thanks for your quick reply!

1. About the EtherCAT connection:

The EtherCAT came already pre-wired with the Kuka FlexFellow platform. It is an external bus integrated in the FlexFellow so we did not add or change anything on the bus from the original wiring. We think that it is connected because out of 4 little green LEDs: 3 are on and only one of them is off (we assume the one for the IO, attached is the photo).

2. About a new sunrise project:

We did this and also create a new workspace with a new project in Sunrise but still WoV is unable to open the file!

We also tried to create a new IOConfiguration file project in WoV and it does not create a new file project at all! Therefore, we are unable to recreate IO setting accordingly to the information we get when we open it in WoV 6.

If we get the information of the IOConfiguaration.wvs file it says it is created with a different WoV file V5.0.2 Build0313. We also tried to open that file in the corresponding version but still, we get the same error. We are not sure if this is one of the reasons that we cannot get the IO setting right.

Many thanks!

• Hey,

we have the following updates:

1. related to the software issue with WoV 5.0.5.: Its seems, that the specific laptop (windows 10) has a problem to run WoV correctly. We’ve installed a virtual machine running Win7, and both programmes run correctly. The IOConfiguration.vws can be opened and I/Os can be mapped. For now it works, but obviously not the finest solution.

2. The SYS X44 error stays after synchronisation. The field buses of the FlexFellow platform still produce the error. The pre-wired Beckhoff EtherCAT bus looks correctly wired, however on the attached nodes (A1: EL9188, A2: EL9189, A3: EL1809, A4: EL2809) seem to show no response. Also the ethernet cable coming from X65 from the cabinet has no signal light on the socket of the EtherCat.

Do you know what to do? Thanks!

• Hello robot community,

We solved the issue explained in the previous posts.

1. The external Beckhoff EtherCat field bus was not running because the internal coupler in the Kuka Cabinet was not powered. It needs to get powered via two bridges on the X55. The wiring you can find in the manual.

2. After that, in WorkVisual all used field buses need to be defined. If one is missing, you need to import the specific DTM file (can be found f.i. on the Beckhoff website)

3. The new order of field busses needs to be defined via WorkVisual. Under topology the order needs to be the same as the hardware.

4. The issue that the designated WorkVisual is not opening is bypassed for now with using a virtual machine and running Win 7.

Best

Advertising from our partners