Advertising

WorkVisual IO Configuration failed to export to sunrise project

• Hello All,

I am attempting to configure my IO. I have the etherCat topography of the attached image. I would like to export any changes I have made back to the sunrise workbench project however when I do I get an I/O configuation export failed message (See attached image).

According to Kukas manual: KUKA_SunriseOS_114_SI_en 11.7-"Exporting the I/O configuration to the Sunrise Project" I should have "using native hooks or polling" enabled which I believe it is (see attached image).

However when I attempt to export the IO configuration to the sunrise project I get an I/O Congiuration export failed message. I am very new to Kuka and have not been able to find any related issues online.

Thanks in advanced for your help.

• that is not good enough when working with SunriseOS, you need very specific WoV version.

For V1.14, you MUST use WoV5.0.2.313 and it MUST have a patch installed before use.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• 1. not sure what is confusing about 'you must use correct version'.
    2. it is impossible to offer any help when no information is provided. statement like "WorkVisual that was shipped with the robot crashes on my PC" is completely useless. if you need help, you need to provide details. please read READ FIRST topic.

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Edited once, last by panic mode ().

• Solved so the version shipped with the robot was 5.0.2 however, this version does not work with Windows 10 because it crashes.
    The solution is to create a virtual machine with Win 7 and the WoV 5.0.2 and Kuka Sunrise 1.14.

• With robots running KSS (non-collaborative robots) one may choose WoV rather easily.

When it comes to Sunrise OS, one must use specific WoV version - VERY specific. It is not enough to use SOME 5.0 version. It need to be exact version WoV for YOUR version of SunriseOS so you better check all four version numbers (like 5.0.2.313).

WoV must be installed and configured correctly before use:

1. Make sure it is installed in correct environment (Windows OS). WoV versions after 4.0.27 or so are compatible with Windows10, earlier version are not. As mentioned in documentation, WoV 5.0.2.313 is compatible with Win10, but this version had a bug and need patch applied after installation. both WoV and patch can be obtained from KUKA.

2. Extract WoV installer then move it into a folder with short path. (C:\temp or C:\install)

3. install by running EXE, not MSI

4. after installation apply mentioned patch (instructions are included). Basically replace few files in two folders in WoV installation directory.

5. Before WoV can be used, you must integrate Sunrise.KOP that is in your Sunrise Work Bench. start WoV without anything open, then use menu Extras, Kuka Option Packages...

6. if you are planning to add some I/O or whatever devices, integrate device description files for those devices (for example EK1100, EL1809, EL2809 etc.)

And NOW your WoV is finally ready for use....

If you have a problem, make sure to follow all steps exactly, If asking for help, make sure to post all details:

Exact WinOS version

Exact WoV version

Exact SWB version

Exact options installed

etc.

3) read 1 and 2

• Thank you for your reply.

As you said, the software version was very strict. Especially, WoV was so.

I used the WoV version attached with Sunrise Project. Then it woks fine now. Thank you.