KUKA KRC Oscilloscope Tracedef XML file definition (inside OfficeLite 8.3.37)

• Hi all, I'm trying to define a new Tracedef XML file for the Oscilloscope tool, in order to generate the trace of the 6 axes (in radians) at a given rate. This is the file I'm using:

Channels 43 to 48 are IPO_ActualValues for the 6 axes (I suppose it's what I need).
    Now, I know that you can either start/stop the trace by code or by the relative buttons inside the Oscilloscope configuration menu, but there is that "Time" tag set at 120 (seconds), how does it influence the trace?
    Then, there is the "Rate" at 12000, it could mean 12000 samples per second, but if I try to lower it (e.g. 1200, or even 60 which is the rate I would obtain) the trace fails with an error. Am I misinterpreting this value?
    Finally, the pretrigger (%), I suppose it's a way to send the trigger and start a bit earlier the trace, it's at 100% by default, but 100% of what?

Note that I can get the trace with that tracedef, and I can also plot them in matlab and the result is visually compatible with the motion of the robot during the trace, I just don't get how I could customize those three settings.

Thank you in advance
    :help:

• Do you mean opening the trace captured in officelite with workvisual, or connecting workvisual to officelite to record the trace with it? I once tried the connection (I have a .wvs project from a real robot), but workvisual gives an error, "SIDs of the found target did not match the SID of the device controller. IP Address not valid", but I don't know what SID means, neither where I can change it on OL or WV.

I'm trying to define a new Tracedef XML file for the Oscilloscope tool

you don't have to compile oscilloscope configuration by hand, WorkVisual includes GUI tool just for this....

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• you don't have to compile oscilloscope configuration by hand, WorkVisual includes GUI tool just for this....

I see some greyed out stuff in the workvisual editor menu (trace configuration, trace analysis), I suppose I need the connection with OfficeLite to make them available, right?

EDIT: I made some tests, the time parameter is the time window of capture, I tried 300s and it just recorded the first 120, and the 12000 samples are on that window, the higher the time value, the lower is the rate. I don't know why, but I cannot change that 12000 value, or I get an error...

Advertising from our partners